29. sneak peek

Third person

"Happy birthday!" The doctor said as he held up the screaming baby. "It's a girl! Look mom." Ramsey gave an exhausted smile as she pushed her damp hair from her face.

Aubrey cut the umbilical cord as they held Raja up. Ramsey's eyes welled with tears at the sound of her babies cries. They wrapped her up in a thin surgical towel and put her on Ramsey's chest.

"Take a look at your baby girl."

She smiled as tears ran down her face. "Hi Raja."

This moment is finally here.

Nine months full of highs and lows it all boiled down to this. The tiny person she held in her arms seemed unreal, a figment of her imagination. Aubrey smiled at the sight of his daughter.

The heart monitor beeped and one of the nurses checked the reading. "Her blood pressure is dropping." Ramsey's eyes rolled closed slowly and a nurse took the baby from her arms swiftly.

"What's wrong?" Aubrey asked but the nurse started pushing him and Keith out the room.

"What the fuck is going on?!" Keith said as he stepped out into the hallway.

Dr. Gray watched as the once white sheets under Ramsey quickly turn red. "She's hemorrhaging." The nurses in the room scattered around trying to stop the bleeding. 

----