9. Before the shower (Prt. 1)

Third person

"No, just put pink shit everywhere so every body knows the gender when they first walk in. A handful know it's a girl so it'll be a surprise for everyone else..." Ramsey talked quietly on the phone as she sat on the edge of the bed with Amir asleep on her lap. She brushed her fingers over his nose lightly. "Thank you so much Raven. You're saving the day... I'll tell you when I'm on my way."

She hung up and put her phone on the bed. The baby shower is tomorrow and there was a lot of things she hadn't done. But with the help of her sisters, except for Riza, things were falling into place. Everyone she knew was coming out to New York for the baby shower and she wanted to make their travel worth while.

"Everything okay?" She turned to look at Aubrey. "Yeah I'm fine I'm just finishing a few things for the baby shower tomorrow. Sorry if I woke you up." Ramsey looked down at Amir admiring the features on his face. He was definitely Aubrey's son without a doubt.

"No, You're fine."

Amir opened his eyes and looked up at her. "Hi." He said to her sleepily. She kissed his forehead and ran her fingers through his hair. "Hi there." Holding him just made her want to hold Raja even more.

"Do you want to come to the baby shower? I know it's kind of a woman's thing."

Aubrey sat up revealing his shirtless upper half. Ramsey kept her eyes locked on his face trying not to look were her eyes shouldn't.

"I wanna be there. I'm definitely coming."

She mentally cussed. "I asked because at this moment you're not exactly everyone's favorite person."

He laughed to himself. "I'm well aware."

"Keith is coming and so are my parents." Aubrey vividly remembers his last encounter with her dad. "And three out of the four of my sisters are coming. I didn't invite Riza of course. I just don't want you to go in there and you get attacked or something. Even though you may deserve it I don't want anyone to gang up on. Especially not Keith, he already had his feelings about you but now it's escalated a couple notches."

"So I've heard."

Keith went on a couple of rants about Aubrey saying some pretty awful things about him, but Aubrey kept his cool and didn't respond. He couldn't get out his character publicly like that. The media already was portraying him as a dead beat father. He didn't want people to think he was a dead beat who couldn't handle a little heat.

"I guess I'll deal with that when I see him." Ramsey laid Amir on the bed so she could sit on it fully. "Please don't fight each other at the baby shower, that would really upset me." Ramsey said already seeing it go down in her mind.

"I promise I won't."

"Good." She yawned out while rubbing where Raja was kicking. "I'm going to the venue to see what's going on. My sisters and my mom are there already doing the final touches. I just want to go up there and see how it's going. Do you want to go with me?"

Aubrey didn't want to show them he was scared to face them, even though he was. He had hurt Ramsey and expects them to come at him find blazing. But he didn't want to add fuel to the fire by hiding from them.

"Yeah I'll go."

"You sure?"

"Yes I'm positive."

Aubrey

"This is my momobile. Don't be jealous." Ramsey said walking towards a all black Mercedes-Benz G-Class. "This is for moms?"

"A cool mom." She said wiggling her eyebrows. "I've got the car seat and the hospital bag all set up and everything." She unlocked the doors and waved me over. "Climb aboard." I shook my head and got in the passenger seat.

I'm leaving Amir with Chubs and 40 hopefully I'll come back home to see him how I left him. Last time I let them watch him he was bouncing off the walls cranked up on sugar.

Ramsey put the address in the GPS and pulled out her parking spot on the curb.

"You like living in New York?" I asked making conversation. "I love it. I love my house, the neighborhood, it's close to my job, and the rent isn't that bad. My neighbors are a bunch of like sex freaks but that's cool I guess, they're nice." I laughed. "What I'm serious? I swear they're into some freaky shit. She'll be screaming so loud and he's be calling her all kinds of nasty ass names. It's entertaining honestly." She said turning a corner.

"I'm glad you like it here."

"Me too. The traffic is horrible during work hours but other than that I like it here."

The whole way to the place it was just small conversation back and forth. I'm happy she's not carrying a cold shoulder. She could be cussing me out every five seconds constantly reminding me of my mistakes. Or she could be ignoring me all together but instead she's being nice to me. I feel kind of weird about it. I feel like all this is to good to be true. I cheat on her and she welcomes me with open arms? Maybe I'm just trippin but I'm waiting for the blow up.

"Your destination will be on the right." She pulled to the place and it looks like shit from the outside.

"You're having the baby shower here?"

"I know it looks like shit but the inside is really nice." She said turning the key out the ignition and unfastened her seat belt. "You ready to go in here?"

"No but I'm not gonna sit on my ass while you put all this together. It wouldn't be right." I'm not excited about what's waiting for me inside of there but I'm not gonna let my fear hold me back. "Okay tough guy let's go." I got out the car and went to the other side to open her door. "Thank you." She said as she got out.

I hope this goes well.

---------------------------