3. That Night

He didn't see her in the bed so he rushed to the bathroom and when she wasn't there he looked all over the place for her bags. When he noticed they weren't there he fell to the floor in the living room to weak to stand. It was like his soul was missing. He laid there on the floor a shell of his former self. Every chance, every apology, every attempt to make their relationship right again was ruined. Aubrey laid there all night till Amir woke up for water. When he saw his father there on the floor he got down and laid next to him.

"Daddy why you so sad?" Aubrey held Amir close to him.

"I hurt Ramsey." He said more to himself. "What did you do?" Amir asked laying his face on Audrey's chest. "I cheated." A slow tear slid down his face. "What's cheating?" Aubrey smiled at his son's innocence wishing he was the same. "It's something you should never do." He said looking at nothing in particular. "Cheating is like your mom kissing someone other than Sergio." Amir looked up at him. "You kissed somebody that not Ramsey?" Aubrey nodded. "Daddy thats bad. Ramsey should put you in time out." That brought a smile to his face. "She already has. But I don't know if she'll ever take me out of time out."

Aubrey looked at his watch since he laid their fully dressed from the day before. It was four in the morning. "Cmon let's go lay down in my room." He got up from the floor with Amir in his arms.  Aubrey put him on the bed and went to his suitcase to get something to sleep in.

"Daddy what's this?" Aubrey looked over his shoulder to see amir holding a white stick. He went over to the bed and Amir gave it to him. He knew what it was instantly the red plus sign on the screen made him drop it back on the bed. He leaned against the dresser with mixed emotions. "What wrong?" Amir asked getting under the covers.

Aubrey couldn't answer the question since he didn't even know himself. She's pregnant, he thought. After he got himself together he got Amir back to sleep and started blowing up Ramsey's phone. He knew she wouldn't pick up but it was worth the try.

After getting sent straight to voice-mail a hundred times he gave up and went back to Toronto a couple days later. He couldn't do anything but wait for her to call him back. But after two months of not hearing anything from her he thought she was going to do what Jade did to him. So he constantly checked her social medias and anything in the news about her. That went on for a month until he gets a envelope in the mail. Inside was a thin packet confirming Ramseys pregnancy, a few ultrasound pictures.

He was angry.

He wanted to know why she waited so long to send it. Aubrey called and called until an unbothered Ramsey picked up the phone.

"What you want?" Aubrey slammed the envelope on the table. "You pregnant with my baby and you got missing on my ass? Why you wait so long to send me this shit?" Ramsey adjusted the phone between her ear and shoulder as she tried her best to paint her toes. "Relax. You wasn't in no rush to tell me about Jade." Aubrey wanted to slap her through the phone. "I'm sorry that was rude but to be real with you I've been busy and I was putting off sending the ultrasound and stuff since I don't have time. It's only been a few months since I left you and my life is changing. The baby is perfect and thats all you need to worry about."

Aubrey leaned on the kitchen counter with his elbows. "Why you wanna be like this?"

Ramsey rolled her eyes. "Treating you like what? You mad cause I'm tired and sick of you disrespecting me? Nigga if you don't get that shit out of here. You giving dick to other bitches. You cheated on me with your baby mama. What you want me to do? Take you back? Act like I'm not hurt and be nice to you? You got life fucked up."

With that she hung up leaving Aubrey with his feelings hurt.

------------------------