Sanada Genichirou x Reader - Insecure

Sanada Genichirou stood in the empty classroom, staring at the chalkboard without really seeing it. The late afternoon sun cast long shadows across the floor, highlighting the dust motes dancing in the air. His fingers curled into fists at his sides, knuckles white with tension. He never knew how it happened. It happened so fast, that he didn't even see it coming. He, Sanada Genichirou, fell in love.

But now, insecurity gnawed at him. His girlfriend, Y/N L/N, was popular. Too popular, perhaps. He saw how you interacted with his tennis club teammates, laughing and chatting easily with them. Every time he witnessed it, a cold knot of doubt formed in his chest. Was he enough for you?

Lost in his thoughts, he didn't hear the door open. You stepped inside, your cheerful voice cutting through the silence. "Genichirou, there you are! I've been looking for you."

Sanada turned to face you, his expression was carefully neutral. "Why? You were having fun with the others, weren't you?"

You blinked, taken aback by his tone. "I was just talking to them. What's wrong?"

"Nothing," he replied curtly, but the tightness in his voice betrayed him.

You frowned, stepping closer. "Genichirou, don't do this. Talk to me."

He looked away, jaw clenched. "It's nothing. Just... leave it."

"No, I won't leave it," You insisted, crossing your arms. "You've been acting strange lately. What's going on?"

Sanada's stoic facade cracked slightly. "It's just... I see you with them, and I can't help but wonder if you'd be happier with someone else."

Your eyes widened in surprise. "Someone else? Genichirou, what are you talking about?"

He exhaled sharply, frustration evident in his voice. "You're so popular, Y/N. Everyone likes you. And then there's me... I just don't know if I'm the right person for you."

Your expression softened, and you took his hand, gently uncurling his clenched fingers.

 "Genichirou, look at me."

Reluctantly, he met your gaze. Your eyes were filled with warmth and sincerity. "Do you really think I'd be with someone else when I have you?" You asked softly.

He hesitated, then shook his head. "I don't know. Sometimes it feels like... like you could do better."

You smiled gently and squeezed his hand. "Genichirou, I chose you because I love you. Not because you're the captain of the tennis team, not because you're stoic and strong, but because you're you. You're thoughtful, and dedicated, and you care deeply. That means everything to me."

Sanada felt a lump form in his throat, your words piercing through his insecurities. "But I'm not good at showing my feelings," he muttered.

You chuckled softly. "You don't have to be. I know you care. Besides," you added with a mischievous glint in your eye, "I think your tsundere side is kind of cute."

A faint blush spread across Sanada's cheeks, and he looked away, embarrassed. "I'm not cute," he grumbled.

Your laughter was comforting and light-hearted. "You are to me."

The two of you stood in silence for a moment, the tension in the room slowly dissipating.

Sanada finally looked back at you, his expression softening. "I'm sorry," he said quietly. "I didn't mean to doubt you."

"It's okay," You replied, smiling. "Just remember, I'm here because I want to be. With you."

Sanada nodded, feeling the weight of his doubts lift. "Thank you," he murmured.

You leaned up and kissed him on the cheek, your touch light and reassuring. "Anytime, Genichirou."

As you two stood together in the quiet classroom, Sanada realized that his fears were unfounded. You were with him because you wanted to be, and that was enough. He tightened his hold on your hand, a small but genuine smile tugging at his lips.

For the first time in a while, he felt truly at ease. He never knew how it happened. It happened so fast, that he didn't even see it coming. He, Sanada Genichirou, fell in love—and he was determined to cherish it.

~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATED!