Choutarou Otori x Reader - First Love

A/N- Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've updated, things have been really busy. I hope you guys don't mind how short these are, but I've been rewatching this anime as of late and I've been getting some creative juices flowing. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Choutarou Otori isn't usually the jealous type. He was able to hide his feelings from others but when it came to (Full Name), he couldn't suppress them.

You were the first girl he had a crush on. You were in the same class as him, had the same interests, and even got pretty good grades in school. He thought it was meant to be.

The thing that broke his heart was that you were dating Akutagawa Jirou, his sempai. He always tried to be supportive and respected your feelings. It was hard for him, watching you doing things for him at tennis practice.

Everyone knew how much he was suffering, but around you and Jirou he was normal. Sure, he got a few confessions from girls who asked him out, but he rejected them.

It was then that he heard that you and Jirou had broken up. It was sudden news but girls in your classes were talking about it. When they asked you, you confirmed it.

'Now is my chance..' He thought and decided that he would tell you how he felt, but then he paused.

'No! I don't want to be a rebound, she's probably not feeling the best right now. Choutarou, you are an idiot!'

Choutarou started to comfort you more often than usual. He was always there when you needed something and you started to enjoy being around him. He would tell jokes to cheer you up and you secretly enjoyed them.

You started to come to watch his matches and practices. You had no choice but to come face-to-face with Jirou. All you two did was wave and smile at each other. You both decided to call it quits because of conflicting schedules and just realized you would be better off as friends.

You were surprised when Jirou had confessed to you. He was popular amongst his class and your friends practically begged you to not reject him. Your heart always belonged to Choutarou Otori. You had a crush on him for the longest and wanted to wait for the right moment to confess to him.

Things didn't work but when he suddenly started approaching you, you got more confidence. You didn't want a new boyfriend right away since it hasn't been so long since you and Jirou ended things. You wanted to take things slow and get to know him more.

The two of you started meeting outside of school. Eating and talking at cafes, going to amusement parks and aquariums, taking walks in the park, going to the beach, and watching the sunset. You did it all with him slowly.

It was then randomly one day, Choutarou confessed to you. You were shocked, you had no idea he liked you.

"I know you probably still can't get over Jirou-senpai, but I can't hold these feelings anymore."

Before he could say anything else, you hugged him tightly. "Idiot, I've long forgotten about Jirou-senpai."

He blushed but hugged you back. "Really..?"

"Yeah, I like you too Choutarou. I've always had, you are my first love."

Choutarou broke the hug and looked into your eyes.

"Is that true? I'm not dreaming?"

"No you big oaf."

Choutarou hugged you again and then brought your face in his hands.

"(F/N), can I kiss you...?"

"Yes..."

As the two of you share a kiss, the tennis club watches secretly. "Well Jirou, tough luck," Shishido says and the others laugh.

"That's okay, I knew she had feelings for him but I was being selfish and didn't want to let her go."

"Cheer up, you'll find a new girl in no time!" Atobe shouts.

"Ugh, I'm out. I can't see this anymore." Hiyoshi says and walks away.

The two of you broke your kiss and laughed. People say first love doesn't last, but you want to cherish it for as long as you can.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATED!