Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"Phoenix?" I stared up at him in confusion.

He took a seat on the bed, frowning. "I'm sorry about my attitude earlier. My mum brings the worst out in me. I shouldn't have left you there."

My heart warmed. I smiled lightly and felt a lot better than I had just been. I placed the Oreos on the bedside table and scooted a little closer to him.

"It's all right. Everyone has their moments, right?"

He shook his head in disbelief. "You're amazing, you know that? You're one of the only ones who haven't judged me."

I laughed, rolling my eyes. "I'm just a normal girl. It's just that not everyone sees things as I do."

He shut his mouth, but looked like he still wanted to say something else. Now that everything was fine between us, I wanted to nothing but crash. For me, it had been a long day. This was going to be nothing compared to what was to come.

"Goodnight princess, I had fun today." He now looked like he didn't want to talk to me. There was another thing he was hiding.

"Night Nix. I did too," I winked.

He let out an awkward laugh, leaving my room more quickly than necessary. I glanced at the Oreos and was too lazy to reach over and eat more. I collapsed against the pillow and was out like a light.

Over the next few days, my feet had completely healed. I walked silently with tension in my shoulders as I walked down the halls. I was on my way to training. I didn't know who was going to train me, but I didn't really care. Well, maybe I did. I could never tell with these people. I still didn't trust Scarlett, or even Jeremy.

I really didn't know where I was going. It must have slipped their minds when they told me I was going to train. Even though I had explored the entire palace, I still didn't know where every room was.

In the end, I had a maid help me find the room. I was surprised when I saw Thorin throwing knifes at a dummy hanging from the ceiling. Even though he was my bodyguard, I didn't expect for him to be my trainer.

I cringed as the knife hit directly in the eye socket of the dummy. "Finally decided to show up, huh?"

"Hey, it's not my fault no one tells me where to go," I hissed, not in the best mood.

When I woke up, I felt like a bus had run over me. I also had a pounding headache that seemed that it wouldn't go away. I could already tell it wouldn't be my best day.

"Don't forget to ask then," he snapped back.

I was taken aback. I don't think he has ever snapped at me before. Not wanting to mess with him, I wasted no time in walking up beside him. I didn't know what we were going to practice, but hopefully it wouldn't be extremely hard.

"Since you will be using your dragon as a weapon, you will be sword fighting most likely. But before you actually fight, you have to train of course."

I rolled my eyes at him. Obviously we were sword training. He went over to the side of the room and swiftly swiped out a sword. In just a few mere seconds, the sword was inches away from my face.

"Whoa!" I squeezed my eyes shut and stumbled backwards.

Thorin sighed. "You need to be ready for random attacks. The enemy won't wait until you have your sword out and are ready to attack."

"How am I supposed to be prepared when I don't have a weapon?" I narrowed my eyes and gave him a look that would kill.

He threw the sword towards me, and I barely had the time to catch it in my hand firmly. It almost nicked me, but I'm glad it didn't. He quickly got another sword and lunged at me. I dodged and swung my sword at him.