Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I was frozen in place. No matter how much I wanted to move, I simply couldn't. She was here, having a causal conversation with the king and queen. How did they get here so quickly? More importantly, how did I not notice?

I snapped out of my shocked state when I heard my name being called. When I looked over, I saw that Elisha was already looking at me. The one thing that threw me off was her eyes; they were the color of fire. Can I ever have a normal day here?

Her outfit consisted of a long sleeved, thick and plain shirt. The pants were cargo pants; which was a little weird for her, at least.  Her hair was done in her normal braid that she does almost every day. 

Now that all the attention was on me, I felt suffocated. This was one of the reasons I had hated going out in public. When I started to get older, I got more attention. I absolutely hated it though. Boys would start asking for my numbers and would flirt any time they could.

Elisha had got the same attention, but we both hated it. Most girls enjoy the guys staring, but both of us took a great disliking to it. After so long, we both got used to it and mostly ignored it. Even though the boys wouldn't leave me alone, I still had no experience in that department.

"Sylvia, is that really you?" Elisha's eyes were back to the dark brown color; maybe I had just imagined the fire color.

A smile formed on my lips; I could now at least trust someone. I gave her a nod, not taking my eyes off her. Her clothes seemed tattered and torn. Well, she did have to get here somehow. When did she get here? The next second I know, she's barreling towards me. My eyes widened as I watched in slow motion.

She attacked me in a warm hug; overly warm. This was seriously getting weird; I had so many questions for her. We were going to have a huge talk in just a second. It was only a few seconds later that she released me.

"I can't believe I finally found you; you were a huge story on the news. Police were going wild and your parents couldn't get any sleep. I don't think I've ever seen them so stressed out in my life," Elisha's arms dropped from my neck as she took a step back to look at me.

I guess when they found out that I had disappeared that they contacted my parents. I was a little shocked that they actually cared that I was suddenly kidnapped. I wonder about Asa and how he was doing. I'll ask Elisha later, when I can ask in peace.

I don't think I've ever been this happy, at least since I've been here. When I looked at Jeremy and Scarlet, they both seemed to be intently staring at me. I almost groaned aloud; couldn't I be left alone? Jeremy had a smile on his face while Scarlet on the other hand looked like she wanted to murder me.

"Thank you, for bringing her to me," I give them a shy, simple thanks; dragging Elisha out the door.

Elisha made noises while I was dragging her away. I do this to her all the time, she should be used to it by now. I've had so many good times with her that I can't even remember them all. We've practically been sisters for fourteen years.

Once we were in the hall alone, I stopped abruptly. Elisha gave me a puzzled expression, but stayed quiet. The sound of talking perked my ears; where was it coming from? The person started to talk again; they were inside the door on the other side of the hall.

"At least for a little bit; Asher, I need some time away from this girl," I heard Phoenix's voice whisper harshly into the phone he was speaking on.

I know it wasn't a great idea to be ease dropping but, I couldn't help myself. I had a feeling that the girl was me, since I was the only one who would be bugging him. Can't he at least give me a chance before he goes out and judges me?