Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I don't think I've ever experienced a longer week in my life. Phoenix was one challenge that wasn't going to go away. He had been a huge pain in the butt the entire time. At first, I thought that he was just going to ignore me, but he ended up bugging me the whole time. He wouldn't stop pestering me, literally!

After a few days of his constant complaining and me bickering with him, I gave up and tried to enjoy myself. Even though I didn't want to there in the first place, that didn't mean I had to be moody the whole trip.

Today was the day we were leaving, unfortunately. Now I had to face the king and queen, which wasn't going to be pretty. I didn't want to take a step into that palace; the feeling of being unwanted was overpowering there. It made it worse when the only person that did actually want you there is because you were destined with his son.

"Sylvia, we're going to worry my parents if you take any longer. Trust me, you don't want to do that." He sighed shortly, looking annoyed.

If only I could actually be with Prince Charming. Yeah right, only in another world. Okay, maybe that wasn't the right thing to think. Inwardly laughing at myself, I glare at him. It seemed like that was all I was doing lately.

"Quit your whining, Phoenix. Do you honestly want to go back to that place?" I bitterly spoke, "I know for certain that I don't," I added under my breath.

He blew some of his air away by huffing out some breath. He seemed stumped on the question, but I think we both know that he doesn't want to go. Who would? All that happens is you get pushed around and are expected to be this perfect person that you know you're not.

"Fine, you got me there," he rolled his eyes, "but we both know that we have to go back whether we like it or not." He gives me a firm nod.

I really didn't want to have to go through that portal again; the landing sure hurt. I knew it was going to be just as bad going back. The thing that was bothering me was; how were we supposed to get back? Where was the portal? I haven't seen anything like a black hole around here, so where were we going to go?

"Hey, Nix, how are we getting back?" I innocently batted my eyelashes up at him.

He absolutely hated that name; that's why I started to call him it. The first time I did, he flipped out. The house didn't look so pretty after his explosion. We avoided each other for at least a day after that but he finally had gotten over it after a while.

"The portal is where we first came from; outside. And what did I tell you about calling me that?" He sighed loudly, giving me a certain look that he had accustomed to.

I shrug my shoulders, still not giving up my 'innocent' act. I was still mad at him for earlier. Apparently he was a morning person; he woke me up at six, saying that we had to leave. It took me about thirty minutes to get ready, plus we ate breakfast, which he actually made for me.

As much as I hate to admit it, we had bonded some over the week. It wasn't a big deal because he still treated me the same, but we did have some things in common. He wasn't so bad, until he went all ape on you. One thing I couldn't get over was his looks. I tried to ignore it but it was simply impossible.

"Alright, have you got everything?" He questioned me just as I was about to leave the house.

I gave him a short nod, "Yeah, I made sure I did."

He stifled a laugh; why, I have no clue, "Good, because we wouldn't be coming back to get one of your overly girly items," he snickered, while trying to mock my voice.

I was kind of offended; I wasn't that girly, was I? He was probably just trying to get on my nerves; that jerk. That was another thing I've been constantly doing; calling him a jerk. Well I couldn't help it if it's true! Scoffing to myself, I rushed out the door and tripped on the gravel.