Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Most people would have already passed out, but apparently I'm not normal. I didn't fight as I lay in Jeremy's arms. He wasn't going to be letting me get away this time, I knew that much. My body was entirely limp and even if I tried, I couldn't budge.

"Darling, if you would have just listened, you wouldn't be in such a painful state," he sighs deeply.

I just make a groan in reply. I didn't even have the will to talk, let alone talk to someone who I wanted to be worlds away from. He didn't sound as anger as he did earlier, but I could hint something. Disappointment, most likely.

"You know, I should be mad at you, but I just can't be. Consider yourself lucky," he shakes his head.

It was drizzling slightly, which was probably making my appearance worse than it already was. Every step he took only added to my pain. The reason as to why he was still walking was because he used his super speed to get here.

Why he didn't just call for someone to pick us up, who knows? The thing I wanted most though was to just fall asleep; yeah, like that would happen.

Now that I think about it, where is Phoenix? Probably annoyed that they found me; great, I had to deal with him. I was regretting ever going in that gas station. And where was that suitcase?

"You had the whole palace in a ruckus! Honestly, I didn't know what to do. Phoenix wasn't cooperating either; he's been moody ever since you left."

I gave him a look, "Even worse than before," he shrugs, "I can't figure out why."

He started rambling, so after a whole I just tuned him out. He was acting like a teenage girl; it was a bit amusing. It was hard to concentrate with all this pain though. I guess I never realized how bad it was until he found me.

"...and he; wait, are you even listening?" I heard him snap at me; ugh, his temper was over the top.

I just gave him a slight nod. He sighed and continued to talk. Why was he even talking to me? It didn't make sense; maybe he needed someone to talk to? I don't know and honestly don't care.

"I called a guard to pick us up, not too far ahead. We need to get a medic immediately, because this is pretty serious," he sternly told me.

He got that look in his eye, which made me almost obliviously flinch. I wanted to fall asleep, so I wouldn't have to see his angry expressions. It was all too much, at least at the moment.

"You're just making this worse for you. You do realize that you're going to be on guard watch twenty-four seven, right? You aren't leaving my sights anytime soon," I almost groaned aloud at his comment.

Great, just great. He was going to go even further and over the top; just lovely. I really did just make this worse on me. I mentally rolled my eyes; I couldn't even care anymore.

"Is this her?" I heard an unknown voice ponder from in front of us.

I lifted my head to see who it was. A white limo awaited our arrival, and also a guy. His voice had a playfulness that I couldn't quite comprehend. Like all the other people here, he was also good looking. He looked a little older than me though.

"Yes," the king stressed, "this is her," I closed my eyes shut tightly at his words.

I heard a startled gasp come out of the person's mouth. Guess he saw the condition I was in.

"This needs to be treated right away! Her wounds look infected," I was kind of surprised to hear that he actually sounded concerned for me.

I pictured Jeremy nodding his head, "I know, I know. Anyways, Sylvia; meet your body guard," I snapped my eyes open.