Chapter 2

There was an immense pounding pain in my head. I jerked my eyes open and wheezed while clutching my head. The vibrant natural light only felt like it made my headache more intense. As I tried to sit up, I got a whiplash. I rubbed my eyes to rid of the blurriness. The first thing I could tell was I was obviously outside, and that I was on the dirt ground.

Gentle prickles were picked up on my sensitive skin. Brushing the tangled mess I call my hair away, I find that I was not sitting on any ordinary grass. First of all, it was as soft as a new blanket. The tips of the blades were a pure white, while the rest of each one was a light blue. I pinched myself on the arm and didn't think; I squeezed shut my eyes and felt the alarming pain come back. As rapidly as I had shut them, I reopened them.

Groaning loudly, I scanned the place of where I was. The London Eye was off in the distance, but from what I could see, it wasn't in motion. I wasn't anywhere near my Kentucky home. I was drugged at a theme park, and now I was hundreds of thousands of miles from home. The only problem I had was the oddly colored grass. Maybe the drugs were only just wearing off.

I unsteadily stood from my spot and almost fell right back on the ground. Just as I thought I was going to be okay, the wind was knocked out of me. The impact of the fall wasn't as hardly as bad as I thought it was going to be.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, love," a soft British voice said from over me. "Need a hand?"

I kind of smiled at her and nodded. She reached down and firmly gripped onto my arm, pulling me back onto my feet. I brushed the dirt of my pants and cleared my throat. Her blonde hair was platinum, probably because she was self-conscious of her natural hair. Her bright blue eyes held that youth that was almost gone. I guessed that she was in her thirties.

"Thank you."

She smiled and said, "Not from around here, are you dear?"

I wasn't sure of what to say. She didn't seem like she wanted to harm me, but you never know until it's too late. I held my breath and shrugged.

"No, not really."

She slightly moved her head and smiled again. "You give the impression that you are in need of some coffee. How about I treat you to some?"

I froze and was unable to move. A stranger was asking me to get some coffee with her, and I wasn't even in my country. My hands were starting to shake badly and I had the worst feeling.

"Thanks for asking, but I really should go," I said with my voice wavering.

She places her hand on the small of my back. "You don't have to stay very long, and I promise it's on me."

By the tone of her voice, I knew she wasn't messing around. I curiously stared at her eyes, which were now a darker shade of blue. Wordlessly I gave in, not able to speak. She didn't say anything else until I started gawking at the wide open sky. Like the grass, the sky was abnormally colored. Instead of a medium blue, the sky was orange. It was tinted with pink and purple also.

"Is something wrong?" She coughed within her throat and sniffled absentmindedly.

The drizzle that I had somehow just noticed was dampening my clothes. I was starting to question my sanity. Raising my eyebrows, I used my forefinger to point up at the sky.

"The sky is... I don't know why..." I rambled unobtrusively.

She furrowed her eyebrows and placed a hand on her hip. "I don't see anything wrong."

She shrugged to herself and started towards our destination again without making another comment. How far the coffee shop was, I didn't know. I had many questions that needed to be answered. I figured that I could start asking questions when we got to the coffee shop, and see if the woman knew anything. Maybe there had been a kidnapper in the area. The one thing I couldn't comprehend was that the kidnapper left me in the middle of nowhere. Usually if someone were to be kidnapped, they would be tied up or locked in a room. Logic was clearly out of the equation.