Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The sound of footsteps made an appearance down the hall. Scratchy fabric swaddled me uncomfortably. My neck hurt and my body was at an odd angle.

Snapping my eyes open, I looked around the room. It was completely different then when I first got here. The walls were now an ugly puke green, not to mention it was chipped. The bed I was now sitting on, was hard as rock. The pillow had lumps in it and the window that was once there was gone.

The footsteps that were once at a distance were now at the door to my room. I could feel my heart speed up, the sound filling my ears. I untangled myself from the blanket, if you can even call it that.

The door burst open, making me jump in fright. From the lighting, I could see a few figures. My breathing was ridged and I couldn't do anything to fix it. The light turned on, burning my eyes. I blinked rapidly, trying to regain my vision.

"Freeze!" A voice boomed, of course making me freeze in my spot.

My eyes were wide as saucers; I stared at the overpowering men before me. Four men were in my room, each with a gun. These weren't your normal pistols, I've never seen anything like it before.

"Under the king's law, stand up with your hands above your head," another one commanded sternly, raising his gun slightly.

My body moved before I even processed what I was doing; my mind was blown, not in a good way. A man twisted my arms behind my back, pain instantly appearing. I bit my lip to hold in a squeal of pain.

I was led out of the room and pushed down the hallway. The once friendly appearance that the owner had was gone and his clothes had changed. A beer bottle was in his hand and his clothes were torn.

"How could you do this, girl? What did I ever do to you?" He raged, his face completely red.

My face scrunched up in confusion and my eyebrows raised. What was going on? How could I do something when I was asleep? A small groan slipped my lips.

I didn't utter a word; I was afraid the person holding me wouldn't be too happy if I did that. It was hard not to flinch in his grasp and plus it was uncomfortable. I shouldn't be thinking about if it's uncomfortable or not!

Gaining some courage, I spoke up, "Where are we going?" I murmur lowly, barely audible.

The grip on my arms tightened but also turned me sideways. His gaze burned into my eyes, his facial expression harsh.

"To the king, of course," he rolled his eyes and pushed my front against a police car, twice the size as a normal police car.

I felt cool medal touch my wrists and tighten. I was shoved in the car, making me fall on the car floor. My head clonked on the thin but hard flooring. The door was shut behind me, leaving me on my own to get up.

Since it was still night time, it was harder to see the surroundings. I painfully managed to get in the seat, the handcuffs not helping in any bit. The silence was interrupted by the doors all opening.

Two of the police slid into seats beside me while the other two were up front. My heart was pounding so hard I'm sure that they could hear it. You don't known true fear until you truly experience it.

"What did I even do?" I finally asked, unable to take it anymore.

The four chuckled humorlessly but it just made me even more confused. How could they think it was funny? My eyebrows furrowed as I looked around the car.

"Really?" One laughed loudly, finding this amusing.

My expression didn't crease, I was still confused as heck. A headache pounded from all this thinking. The police in the passenger seat gave me a curious glance.