Chapter 18

Chapter 18

"No, no, no! You forgot the flowers."

We had been at it for an hour and I was about to give up. I was trying to teach him how to greet a girl before a date. I had gone over it about a thousand times and each time he tried, he would forget something. I had convinced Asher to be the father, so Phoenix could learn how to greet family on a first date.

Phoenix smacked his forehead and slammed the door. Neither of his parents knew what we were doing, and I hoped that they didn't find out. I was almost certain that they wouldn't be ecstatic about me teaching him human things.

Asher stifled a laugh as we heard a knock on the door. He opened the door to a smiling Phoenix. The orchids in his hand were the ones I had picked out. I knew he was trying, but he wasn't exactly happy about it.

"Hello sir, these are for your daughter." He handed the flowers to Asher.

I came out from behind my spot and smiled at Phoenix. He returned the smile and tried to look stunned. Maybe I was enjoying this a bit too much.

"You look beautiful, Sylvia."

I smiled shyly and took the flowers from Asher.

"Thank you for letting me take your daughter on a date."

Asher grinned at him. "Have her home on time."

Asher took the flowers from my hand and waved his finger. "I'll take these to the kitchen; you two have a great night."

Phoenix linked my arm through his and gripped my arm with his hand. He gestured for me to walk through the door first, with him following shortly after. He walked me down to the car and opened the door, letting go of me. After I had gotten in, he shut the door for me and got in on the other side.

"Phew, how did I do?" He looked hopeful.

"That was great! You finally got it down," I teased.

"Now that we got that down, I have something we're going to do."

He quickly got out of the car and opened my door again, grabbing my hand. He pulled me out and started to run. I had no choice but to follow along to see where we were going.

"What are we doing?" I asked breathlessly.

"You'll see," he said.

It was in the middle of the day, so the sky was lit up with colors. I still thought about that woman who offered to take me back to Earth. It didn't really make sense to me. How could I go back when I was clearly told that I couldn't?

I had no time to think about that now though. We had stopped, but he was still holding onto my hand. It was really a breathtaking place. Flowers of all different kinds were placed in the meadow before us. It had been hidden by tons of tall trees, so I really don't know how he found it in the first place. At the moment, I didn't care.

"Amazing," I said.

"I know," he said, looking directly at me.

I blushed under his eyes and looked at every detail. I wish I had a camera; it would be a wonderful place to take pictures. I still was wondering what we were doing here though. He had yet to tell me.

He let go of my hand and walked over to a tree, bringing up a basket. "I thought we could eat lunch here."

"Phoenix," I laughed, feeling like I was on top of the world.

"I didn't know what you liked, so I got quite a few things. Hopefully my cooking isn't that bad. I haven't really tried it before."

"You cooked, for me?"