Chapter 11

Chapter 11

It has been a few weeks since Elisha had first got here. Sure, I was enjoying the company, but she was acting strange. She never mentioned her parents or about how she was captured. Or about how she really came here in the first place.

I thought that maybe after the first day she would have gotten over the whole 'other world' thing. I thought that we would be planning our escape. Yes, I had accepted the fact that I was brought here, but that doesn't mean I didn't want to get away.

Wasn't a normal person supposed to talk about these things? Wasn't she missing her parents and freaking out about being kidnapped? My brain was exploding and I could barely think straight. Another thing was that she was constantly wearing long sleeves.

Even on the hottest of days, she would wear them. I knew something was up for sure, and today I was going to find out just what it is. The king had finally given some trust in me, so I was now allowed outside. When Phoenix and I had first gotten back from the trip, he wouldn't let me take a foot outside.

One thing I did enjoy was the endless conversations that Elisha and I had out there. It was nice to vent to someone every once in a while. Phoenix had been inviting Asher over plenty of times in the week. He warmed up to me after a few times of him visiting, but Phoenix wasn't too fond of the idea.

"Sylv, do you want to go to the garden?" Elisha popped her head in the door, giving me a small smile.

Another thing I had noticed was that she would disappear constantly, without telling me where she was going. I had a feeling it had something to do with the fact she was so close to the king and queen. The first time I saw her, she was freely talking with them. She obviously trusted them.

"Yeah, why not?" I stretched out like a starfish, making Elisha giggle childishly.

I quickly slipped on some shoes and linked arms with Elisha. She knew nothing of my suspicions; I tried my best to hide them from her. She won't know what hit when I have a huge discussion as soon as we get outside. 

It took plenty of days, but I had finally mastered the layout of the building. I knew where most everything was, fortunately. Now I didn't have to ask a maid of where to go every time I left my room. One thing I didn't understand is that how this place can feel like home to the royals? It doesn't, and certainly will never feel like home to me.

Another thing that was confusing me was that Phoenix had been acting a little off for the past few days. It seems like he is avoiding me for some odd reason. I hate to admit it, but I missed his little snarky comments.

I was tempted to slap myself; why in the world would I think that? He was a complete jerk who didn't give a care about me! Back to the issue at hand, Sylvia; I snapped at myself. We were almost outside now. 

It seemed to be a warm day, luckily for me. I really wasn't too fond of the coldness. Elisha led us to the garden. It was amazing; it was so bright with many different flowers. It looked nothing like a garden would back at home. 

As boring as it is, this place helped me get away from the world inside the palace. It helped me to think out plans and what I was going to do with myself. This place also seems easier for conversation to flow than it would inside.

“Aren’t you a little warm in that shirt?” I was going to take it slow with asking questions, so she wouldn’t catch on quite yet.

She laughed nervously, shaking her head. She moved a piece of hair behind her ear, staring at the ground. Cat got your tongue, huh? This was going to be fun. Sighing inwardly, I went over to the stone bench and sat.