Chapter 12

Chapter 12

It was finally time for me to disappear. I choose to wear black because it would most likely blend in with the darkness that surrounded me. I wasn't sure what exactly the time was, but it didn't matter. It was late enough.

A small dilemma that I had to deal with was that I had to actually carry my suitcase until I was outside. It was deathly quiet out in the halls, so I couldn't exactly roll a squeaky suitcase. I knew my arms were going to be tired by the time I was done.

Another thing that I worried about was the gate that I would have to pass. I just hoped that there was some kind of opening, or at least the bars were big enough for me to get through.

I gave myself one last prep talk; I knew it was time to go. I knew I was being a little rash in my decision, but I gave up on trusting the king. He lost that once he had lied to me the second time.

Well, he didn't exactly lie to me the first time, more or less kept secrets that needed to be told. Sighing to myself, I reached for the suitcase and lifted it off the ground. I stumbled a bit; it was really heavy!

I peeked out the door, making sure there wasn't anyone around. Only a crazy person would be up this late; oh, wait. Giving a small giggle, I creek the door open and hope that it doesn't make any sounds. Cautiously, I sneak out of the room with my suitcase in my hands.

"Alright, show time," I whisper into the darkness.

One other tiny problem; it was pitch black. They had no hall lights so it would be hard to get around without making a sound. Oh boy, this was not such a good idea. Maybe I could- no, I need to stop this. I packed and made sure I wouldn't back out last minute.

I was pretty lucky, because by the time I was finally outside, I hadn't made a peep. I couldn't exactly go out the front door so I settled for the back. No guards were in sight, but I knew once I was in the front I would have to hide from them.

I was hoping that they were asleep, but who knows of what will happen tonight. I wasn't exactly prepared when I got to the front. I guess I thought it would take me longer. Thankfully my arms didn't hurt from carrying this lug I call my suitcase.

Unfortunately for me, my life wasn't a cliché story. The guards weren't asleep and seemed alert. Guess this ruins my plan of an easy escape. Oh well, my luck is truly horrible. Well, I dressed in black for a reason.

I looked down at the ground, for some sort of rock I could use. It took a few minutes of searching, but I found a medium size one. I concentrated on using my full force to chuck it across the lawn. I was satisfied when I heard the sound of it bouncing off someone.

"Did you hear that?" I could hear one of them hiss at the rest of them.

Another one cleared his throat, "No, I was dazing off," he sounded sheepish; it was quite amusing.

I wanted them to go check it out though, not discuss it.

"I thought I told you to knock it off! Bloody idiot," the first one mumbled under his breath.

A small giggle came out of my mouth without me noticing. I slapped my hand on my mouth, trying to stop the noise.

"Whatever it was is gone, at least I think. I think at least one of us should go check though," a third voice spoke up.

Their accents were cracking me up. British accents were my favorite; I don't really know why. Guess it was just different than American's.

"Alright, alright," a fourth guy spoke, "if you three would shut up, I will," how many were there?