Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I almost let out a gasp as I found out who it was. In this moment, I was back to my shy self. I would never be able to open my eyes and question him about his words. I just squeezed them tighter, unable to believe that he was actually here and saying what he was saying.

"You're driving me crazy; I don't even know what I'm saying," he started mumbling a bunch of things I couldn't make out.

My heart was beating so fast that I thought that it might burst out of my chest. I was almost tempted to just think it was a dream, but I knew it wasn't. No matter how hard I would try to convince myself that it wasn't real, it wouldn't do any good.

"Sometimes I wish you knew how I feel. I actually missed you," he whispered as if it were a horrible thing, "Now I'm being a softy," he started mumbling again.

He jerked his hand away, letting out an annoyed and loud sigh. The last thing I heard was the door slamming shut. Without thinking, I shot up and let out a gasp. He actually had feelings for me?

Was that why he was avoiding me before I left? He had to be kidding around, right? Oh what am I talking about, of course it was real! Suddenly a pinch in my arm jerked me out of my thoughts. Guess the medicine was wearing off.

I was still in awe that he had at least some feelings for me. He was still the same old Phoenix that I knew, but something must have changed. Shaking my head rapidly, I peer down at my arms and look at the never ending scratches and cuts on my arms.

I wasn't going to lie; it wasn't worth all these scars. Who would want a girl with all of them? I really needed something to distract myself. The door was pushed open, breaking me from my mind.

"I see you are finally awake, princess," I did not fail to notice the distaste in her voice, "How are you feeling?" I was a little bit surprised when she asked.

I yawned; still extremely tired from the lack of sleep I've had in the past days. She looked like she wanted to roll her eyes again, but held against it. What did I ever do to her? Probably just exist; I almost snorted aloud.

"I've been better," I admit, my lips turning down into a frown.

Her lips curled up in pleasure. It made me want to shrink back and get the heck away from here. She watched my every move, the smile never leaving her face. I held in a huff of breath, wishing she would go away.

"We don't want that, do we?" She chuckled humorlessly.

I was so done with her attitude, and quite frankly, I didn't care about snapping anymore, "Look, I don't know what I did to you, but if you could back off; that would be nice," I kept my lips in a thin line.

She gasped, placing a hand over her chest, "I'm wounded." Her voice made me want to laugh.

She let out a fake cough, "Anyways, the king ordered me to put you back in your room. Strict bed rest," I wasn't so sure I believed her.

She roughly ripped out the IV, grinning at me. I flinched in pain, my face scrunching up. She had no reason to do that and she sure knew it. I was still a little hesitant to follow her out the room. I bit down on my lip, taking notice of the sudden coolness. The blanket that was once on me was gone, leaving me feeling like I had nothing on.

I knew someone had changed me, but I was a little scared of who did it. I was in loose sweatpants and a t-shirt. I really needed a shower though. I couldn't remember the last time I had taken one and I'm sure my hair was a mess. By the way Eliana cringed, I'm sure she noticed too.

"I'm sure you can find your way back," she held her head up high, "I hope I don't see you anytime soon," she said under her breath, but I knew she didn't intend for me to hear her.