Chapter Seven

V I O L E T

"N-No, thank you,"

"Why? It will be fun! Don't be boring like Vio," Elle said eating her lunch. I should have felt insulted, but I was not. I was happy, why? Because Harry just declined going to some random party with Elle and Jay. And, why was I happy? Because I was not the only one who hated going to parties.

"Aw thanks, I'm boring now." I smiled sarcastically at her and she rolled her eyes.

"I-I have plans," Harry said.

"What plans?" Elle asked. He looked at me for help, then looked back at her.

"Art project." 

"Oh c'mon, Harry!" She kept bugging him making me chuckle He was not getting out of it so easy, and I felt sorry for him.

"Elle, just leave him alone," Jay said laughing. She shook her head making Harry sigh. I hoped he didn't give up.

"Fine, I will i-if Violet will come," He said, oh no! My eyes went wide and I almost choked on my food, I was never ever going to a party again. 

"W-What?" I asked him and he smiled. Elle and Jay were smirking, I felt like they planned all of this out together. 

"You are dreaming, Styles. She will never come," Jay said chuckling. Harry took a glance at me and waited for my answer. Second thought, I felt it was a challenge and I might regret this, but they thought I was boring. I might change their point of me. 

I stood up from my seat smirking, "I'm coming," I said proudly of myself. Harry was smiling and not surprised like he was sure I was going to accept because of him. Maybe he was right, at least I was not going to be alone like the last time.The others had shocked expressions.

"You are what? Is this is a joke, Violet?" Elle stood up beside me and put her hand on my forehead. "Are you okay, love?" I pushed her hand away, rolling my eyes.

"I am not joking, I am coming."

"Are you sure?" Jay asked and I nodded. "Okay then, we will pick you up at seven." 

"Okay," I said looking at Harry. 

"I guess Harry is coming now," Elle said smirking at him. 

____

"Why did you accept?" Harry asked me while we headed home, I took a glance at him and kept thinking. Why did I really say yes this time? Was it because I wanted them to think that I was not boring, and I changed? 

Then, why didn't I say yes a long time ago? Or because he was going to be there and I was not going to be alone this time?

"I really don't know," I said looking away.

"Maybe b-because you wanted to go?" 

"I don't know," I repeated and he sighed.

"I'm s-sorry."

"For what?" I looked at him and he shrugged.

"I got you into this. I-I could tell them that I'm not going-"

"No, it's okay. Really, Harry," I stopped my tracks in front of my house and smiled at him. "Just... Promise me something."

"A-Anything." 

"Stay with me there. I don't know anyone, and-"

"I'm not leaving you. N-Never, I promise you." He smiled and I nodded. I felt nervous and somehow relieved knowing that he would be there with me, and I won't be by myself. "I-I guess I will see you later."

"Yeah, see you later." I smiled and went inside. It was quiet, so I figured my mother didn't come yet. I went upstairs to my room and ran to my closet. I didn't know what to wear I was a mess, but I decided that I was going to wear my usual clothes.

A sweater and skinny jeans, but I was going to put a bit of makeup. I wanted to impress but do not look so obvious. It was not one of those big parties where you wear high heels and dresses although you could, but I hoped that I looked good.

Time passed by so fast and it was seven o'clock, my phone buzzed and I knew that Elle and Jay were outside waiting for me. I took my phone and opened the door to find Harry, "W-Well I guess I don't have to knock." I giggled and nodded.

"Yeah, I'm here!" 

"C'mon guys!" Elle shouted from the car's window excited. Harry took a glance at them, then glanced back at me.

"A-Are you ready?" I sighed.

"Ready." 

Harry and I headed to Jay's car, he opened the door for me and I thanked him, he smiled at me as a reply. What a gentleman! He got in after me and Jay drove off. Elle played some loud music  that my ears hurt me, then what would happen to me at the party?

I was so nervous and my hands were shaking, I could also feel Harry's eyes on me.  I knew he could tell - or anyone could notice that I was nervous by the look on my face.

It was like my first party, but this time I was more nervous that I would make anything stupid in front of Harry. Or that I have to take care of them three after it. I did not want what happened in the last party repeat itself tonight, I knew that Elle and Jay would leave me, of course, and get drunk or something. But I hoped that Harry didn't drink or leave me alone.

What made me relax a bit that he promised me, but I also hoped he kept his promises so he would stick by me till we leave. The car stopped and I could hear the loud music, "We're here!" Jay said and Elle clapped her hands excited.

"Let's go!" We got out of the car and went inside a big house full of drunk people, loud music, drinks and people dancing. Just like any normal party.

I jumped when I felt someone grabbing my hand, and when I looked down I noticed that it was Harry's large yet soft hand. "I-I'm here. Don't be scared." He smiled to reassure me. That was all I needed to feel safe. 

I didn't notice that I blushed until I felt the heat on my cheeks, I thought I was hot but there was a mirror in front of me and I could tell it was not from the heat at all. When I looked at our hands again, I realized It was the first time someone held my hand.

"I'm not scared, anymore."

Sorry for the long wait and short update [Damn that sounded good lol!] 

So what do you think will happen at the party? I'm excited and you?

Share your thoughts in the comments and vote! x