Chapter Thirty Five

V I O L E T

"She died." 

It hurt me to see him like this, I was broken.I felt his pain, I lost someone important to me too. "I'm so sorry." He sniffled and it just kept breaking me inside to see him like this.

"I know if I told you that I feel you, you won't believe me, but. . . I really do feel what you feel now," I said and he turned around to look at me. 

"H-How?" He asked quietly. I was about to answer him, but the door got opened. He and I quickly wiped our tears away from our faces, and then we stood up.

It was Mrs. Sally. She came back, and she looked so exhausted. "I'm back!" We went to her and she smiled as soon as she saw Harry and I. I smiled back and Harry did too, but I could tell it's fake. 

"How's everything?" I nodded. 

"Everything's completely fine. We had so much fun, we played and watched movies. And, when it was her bed time, we took her to her room and she slept like a princess in a castle," I said smiling and she smiled back. I tried to act like nothing just happened so she won't notice anything.

"I hope there was no trouble- oh, I mean she was no trouble."

"No," Harry said shaking his head with a smile. "She's a very good and sweet girl. She did nothing bad, don't worry, ma'am." I nodded agreeing.

"Well," She put her hand in her purse. I looked at Harry and he was already looking at me, I looked away blushing a bit and from the corner of my eye I could see a small smile on his face. "Thank you so much. You don't know how I'm grateful for you, guys." 

"It's no problem, anytime." Harry grabbed my hand, holding it and I let out a small and quiet gasp. He was taking me out with him, but Mrs. Sally stopped us.

"Wait!" We turned around to face her, and she was confused. "Aren't you going to tell me how much do you want?" I looked at Harry confused.

"You mean money?" I asked and she nodded. "Oh! No, thank you."

"Yeah, w-we don't need money. We just love her, and we wanted to spend time with her. A-Also we wanted to help you, that's all," Harry said and she smiled.

"Wow, that's so sweet of you, guys." We smiled. "Thanks."

We were about to walk away, but what she said stopped us shocked. "By the way, you both make a cute couple." My cheeks turned red, and I looked at Harry.

He was smiling to the ground and he held my hands tighter. He didn't leave my hand a second. I was about to turn around and correct her mistake about us, but what Harry said next shocked me even more. 

"Thank you, Mrs. Sally. Have a Goodnight."

We walked away and I was so surprised, he was so cool and he didn't even deny it. Deny us. At the moment, I felt sad because I know he just said that to get away. Mad, because how could he, confused, because why did he said it and Happy because for a second I really did feel like we were a couple.

Mixed feelings are the worst.

We walked across the street til' we got to my doorstep. "It was a great night," I said smiling a bit.

"And, i-it could still be if. . . If you spend some more time with me. I-I mean let's take a walk?"

"Now?" He nodded. I nodded back, "I'd like that, but it's dark."

"Oh, s-sorry." He turned around to leave, but I caught his arm before he could go.

"We could still sit her. On the stairs. . . in front of my house," I said hoping he'd stay. And he did.

We sat down on the stairs and he begin to play with his hands. I could tell he was nervous, so was I. I was scared that this night might not end up good.

"What did you mean by. . . Saying that you know how I-I feel?" He asked breaking the silence, I was looking at the stars above us.

I sighed, "I lost someone important too."

"Who?" 

I looked back at him, "My father." His mouth opened, but no words came out. "He was sick too. I didn't know that he had cancer until. . ." I stopped feeling tears coming. I feel like it was just yesterday, the day I lost him.

"Until he became very sick, and when I told him I won't eat or drink because I was too sad for him. He-" I paused again, but this time I felt his hand brush the tears away.

"He said he won't stick with me so long, andI didn't understand what he meant. Then, he told me and explained. I-I was hurt and shattered. I felt pain and broken, I was so attached to him."

I remembered what he used to do to me. "He was the one to buy me art supplies, kiss me after artwork I finish, build a tree house with me, read me a story before I sleep when I was young. He was just. . . My everything." Tears ran down on my cheeks more and more like waterfall.

He put his hands on my cheek again, and I lean closing my eyes. Just enjoying and loving the feeling of his hands. 

When I opened my eyes he was staring, "I'm sorry." I shook my head ad he kissed my cheek. Then we kept staring at each other for so long.

But our gaze broke when he closed his eyes and started leaning. I knew what was going to happen next, and I was so excited and ready.

My thoughts are kinda clear now. Not very though, but I least I know that he isn't a liar or a player. He's just broke.

I closed my eyes back and I was ready to feel his lips on mine. His pink lips were now brushed against mine, but all of that was now gone.

"Harry?" And, it was Jay.

Uh oh... what do you think will happen next? IDK, but it's close to an ending and I wanted to know how do you think this story will end? Any thoughts?

don't be shy, just share your thought, vote, and comment!