Chapter Eleven

V I O L E T

"I have all day, Violet." 

I didn't know why after he said that I had a weird feeling, like I felt a bit uncomfortable. I should have been happy that someone wanted to listen to me and my boring stories, but I was not. 

Why was he so friendly? And, I couldn't trust him that fast to tell him about me, right? All I knew about him was his name, nothing more. I just met him yesterday at a party and we talked for like ten minutes or so.

I felt like I was trusting people so fast, like I was doing it again just like I did with Harry. But maybe I was going to regret it this time, who knew? I trusted Harry so fast, but I did not regret it. I did know why though, but he was different

"Violet?" 

"Hm?" I looked back at him.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah."

"Did I say something... Wrong?" He asked frowning. 

"No, I'm just not feeling very well today," I said remembering my day. It was a crappy day, I hated thinking a lot and these days I have been doing it.

I didn't really draw or even listened to music, what was happening? I needed to get the old Violet back, I was going to work on that soon.

"Why? Something happened?" He asked again. I shook my head again, but my eyes went wide when I saw a smirking Elle through the window. She was standing outside the cafe and waving at me.

What the heck was she doing here?

How did she know this place?

Oh god, an embarrassing moment was coming, I was going to get embarrassed by Elle. Could it get any worse? Or could I disappear?

I stood up quickly and Jake looked at me confused, "Sorry, I have to go," I got my book and glasses then shoved them in my bag quickly before Elle could join us and say something stupid about me.

"Oh, well um, are we going to meet again?" He asked standing up as well. I shrugged my shoulders and wore my bag.

"I don't know, you asked the same thing yesterday and here we are. Who knows, Jake. Maybe."

"Yeah, maybe." He smiled, "Or can I have your number?" Today was the weirdest day ever.

"I just met you and now I am giving you my number?" I said and he shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know you, Jake."

"Then you should."

"And, who said I want to get to know you." Was I becoming a sassy person?

"Wow," He said in a shocking tone. I was even shocked by my reply, but it was true. I did not want to get to know anyone at the moment. I was about to apologize, but he continued. "Look, if you don't trust me then here's my number." He got out a pen and wrote his number down on it. I took a glance at Elle and she was standing at the door, watching us from afar with a drink in her hand.

She was fast in ordering drinks, but that was not the point. She was watching us like a movie and I felt that at some moment, she was going to get popcorn and watch us until I was done.

"There you go!" He handed me the paper and I put it in my bag.

"Thanks. And... Bye."

"Bye, see you later!" He waved and I did the same back. 

When I walked out of the cafe I sighed. Elle was following me giggling and this could not get any worse. I hoped though. I did not think about calling Jake or not, but maybe I should. I was confused at this point, calling someone I did not know or spent a lot of time with.

"Well, well, well... I didn't want to interrupt so I went to get me a drink," Elle joked walking beside me, clapping her hands. "My beautiful lady has a secret boyfriend-"

"He is not my boyfriend," I stated.

"Then, who is he?"

"Jake."

"Jake who?" She questioned me.

"I met him at the party yesterday." She nodded laughing making me raise my eyebrows in wonder, why all of a sudden she was laughing? "What is funny?"

"You." She pointed her finger at me.

"Me? Why? What is funny about me?"

"You were quiet and unknown, you didn't go to parties or think about going. Hell, you never even thought a lot." She stopped.

"And?"

"Now, you are more social and open." I thought about what she said and I wondered if it was a good thing or bad. "You are taking chances, changing the shy girl you are known as."

"Is it a good thing or a bad thing?"

"Of course it is a good thing. You are a good person, Vio." I sighed in relieve. "You never hurt anyone, you are so kind and you are not hiding who you are anymore." She hugged me and making me smile wide. I was glad I was not mean or changing to be someone I did not want to be. I guessed I was bringing out the real me after all these years. 

"Thank you. You are amazing, Elle!" I hugged her back tightly, I didn't know what I would do without her. She always made me feel better about myself.

"I know!" She said pulling back, then she winked making me laugh. We continued our walk to my house  until she turned around to face me. 

"Don't forget to study for our maths test tomorrow, sunshine," I said to her, she groaned in annoyance.

"Why do you have to remind me!"

"That is what friends are for." She glared at me when I smiled.

"Do not forget to call Jake then. That is his name, right?" My eyes went wide. How did she even know I had his number? "I saw the paper he gave you before you ask 'how did I know'. I thought you were smart, Violet," She said reading my mind. That girl was smart or I forgot about her watching us.

"I don't know if I would call him or not."

"Why? Isn't he a nice guy?" 

"Even if he was, that is not all. I just met him and it all happened too fast, you know? I mean this is the second time I meet him for like a five minutes chat." I chuckled.  "Plus, I don't want to trust him so fast."

"Why are you making it a big deal, Violet? I mean Harry just met Sarah and she did the same thing Jake had done." When I heard her name, I started to get a bit annoyed of this conversation. I guess I did not really like her, or I was already annoyed by everyone today."And, do not trust him but give him a chance."

"I don't know Elle-"

"Violet?" Someone's voice stopped us from talking. Elle and I turned towards the voice and it was Harry.

"Hey, Harry!" Elle smiled at him, and I had to so he would not ask me if something was wrong. I knew I would say everything and pour it out to him. He smiled back at us. "Well, I better go study for the test. See you tomorrow guys!" She said then left me alone with him. Now you wanted to study, Elle? 

"You want something, Harry?" I sighed.

"W-Well, I wanted to show you something."

Sorry, if it's a bad chapter or boring. Actually sorry if you find this story boring or something, I just want this book to be about Violet and her life. Also, I wanted to thank you all for more than 119k reads and 5k votes it means so much!

Anyway, What do you think Harry wants to show Violet? Hmm... 

VOTE AND COMMENT x