Chapter Thirty Six

V I O L E T

Harry and I pulled away quickly, I was shocked to see him here. What is Jay doing here? "What's going on here?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

I was so nervous, I looked at Harry and he didn't say anything. He just looked at his hands then sighed. "I-I guess I should leave," He said, then he looked at Jay then at me and smiled. He kissed my left cheek and left.

Wow, thanks for helping, Styles.

After he left and now I'm alone with the one and only, my best friend, Jay. I looked at him and gave him an innocent smile. It was an awkward silence between us, but he broke it by shooting his questions at me. "Violet?"

"What a beautiful nigh-"

"Violet." He glared at me when I tried to change the subject. He has all the rights to be mad, I mean I didn't tell him about anything and it's been a while since we talked. "What is going on here?"

I didn't answer and went inside my house, he followed me. "Are you dating?"

"I don't know."

"How you don't know?"

"Well. . . We kissed before bu-"

"What?" His eyes went wide and I sat on the couch, and he's standing in front of me. Shocked, of course. "You kissed him?" I nodded hesitantly.

"Yeah."

"And you didn't tell me?" He pointed at himself. "Your best friend?" I felt the guilt and I sighed.

"I'm sorry, Jay." He sat on the chair across the couch. "I didn't tell you because I knew you'd act that way."

"Act like what, Vio?"

"Overprotective?" I mumbled.

"I'm scared, okay! I don't want you to trust someone and get hurt in the end, we don't know who he really is, Viol-"

"No, I know him. I know the real him, Jay." He sighed, "And Elle and I went to-"

"Wait a minute. . ." His eyes got wide. "Elle knew and didn't tell me? She knew all the damn time?" Uh oh, this became worse.

"Y-Yeah." He stood up and sat next to me.

"Look, I care about you." He whispered putting his hands on my knee. This does not look good. I have a bad feeling and I don't know why.

"Why do you want him to get away from me?"

"Because. . . I- I like you, Violet." My jaw went open.

I'm shocked. My best friend for a very long time just admitted he likes me. I have to admit it feels like you are watching a movie.

I don't want to hurt him, but I don't like him like that. I zoned out realizing that he's leaning to my face, "Jay?" I whispered.

"Shh," He said and I stood up quickly before it gets worse than it already is.

"No, no! Jay, I can't." I shook my head and he stood up.

"Why?"

"Can't you see it, I like him. I can't- I can't like you like that, Jay. I may hurt you and our relationship would be destroyed."

"Well, you already hurt me."

"I'm sorry, Jay. I didn't know-"

"Violet," He chuckled sadly. "You have to choose."

"What?" I asked confusedly. He went to the door and before leaving he stood in front of me.

"Is it me, your best friend for a very long time, and the one who knows you damn well and will be here for you anytime. Or is it. . . Harry. The one you just knew for a few months."

"You can't do that, Jay." I felt tears coming again to my eyes.

"Sorry, but you have too. You can't have us both, I will not be here watching your heart gets break and I'm standing doing nothing."

"But I already had you both."

"Not anymore." He's making this hard. "Violet, make up your mind. Who do you want?" I shook my head and didn't answer. I was crying, why is it so hard?

He nodded, "Okay then. Bye, Violet." Before I could call his name, he ran out of the door. I stood there shocked.

I woke up next morning from my one-hour sleep, getting ready for school. And no matter how much makeup I put on, it won't hide my puffy red eyes and nose so I didn't bother and went to school like that. I felt like I'm a zombie, I felt dead inside.

I just lost my brother, he wasn't just a best friend. I don't know if I lead him on and made him think that I like him like that, maybe it's my fault. Maybe I do deserve all of that.

I walked out of the door and I saw Harry in his car in front of my house. When he saw me he smiled and went out of the car.

I can't choose between them, Jay is my best friend and I can't lose him. But I like Harry as well, and I've known him for what? three months or five?

"H-Hi."

"Hi." I fake smiled and he frowned when he got closer to me, after seeing my ugly crying face.

"Are you okay?" He asked, worried about me.

"Yeah. . . Let's go. We will be late for school," I said and walked to the car. He followed me and opened the passenger door for me. I thanked him and got in.

He went around the other side of the car and got in, but he didn't start the car. He just kept staring at me and I was staring out the window.

After a while, he sighed and started the car and drove away. I realized we passed the school, and I panicked. "Where are we going?"

He didn't answer me and just kept driving.

"Harry, I'm serious." He ignored me and I sighed. I saw him smirk, "Can you at least tell me where are we going?"

"Well, we are skipping school."

"I already know that," I found myself forgetting my worries and troubles, and I smiled.

"Where are we heading to is what I mean, Harry?"

"We are going to have fun," He said looking at me. "Just wait and see, Violet."

Awww I feel sad for Jay and jealous of Violet because SHE'S HAVING AN ADVENTURE WITH HAZZA

anyway, I think there are 2 or 3 chapters left? Idk but I'll miss you all, and again I'm having a writers block so... I need to know how would you like this book to end.

Vote and comment! :)