Chapter One

V I O L E T

I stared at what I drew. Beautiful eye surrounded by a floral background, it was a nice doodle in my notebook while most of the class was listening to what the teacher was saying. I looked up and Jay, my best friend, was looking at me. He rolled his eyes and mouthed 'when will this be over?'.

I tried to stop myself from laughing and looked at the time, I nodded at him and he raised his eyebrows in confusion. We heard the bell and we all stood up happily. People walked out of the class quickly and Elle, my other best friend, came to us smiling.

"I hate history, ugh! I almost slept,"Jay said and I put my books in my bag smiling at him. The three of us were the last students to walk out of the class, we headed to our lockers getting ready for the next class.

"I already slept guys," Elle said, then yawned. Jay and I laughed at her.

"That's why you are the only one that was smiling while we walked out of the class," I said smiling at her. She smiled back and went to her locker to put her things. Jay and I repeated her actions.

"You suck guys, history isn't that bad." Jay and Elle laughed at what I said. Here we go again. I thought as they made fun of me, but I would always love them.

The three of us were friends for three years. We all had different personalities, but we completed each other. Jay was like my brother, he always stood up for me. And, he was a writer, he loved writing and reading so much that he wrote about anything he thought of even if it was a poem or a short story.

Elle was the sweetest girl I had ever met, she was a flirt, yes. But she had an amazing big kind heart, that made not only boys, but everyone to love her and respect her. Her blue eyes that looked like the ocean and her blond hair made her more beautiful inside out and made the boys fall for her more.

"Yeah right, we suck! Dude, you love every subject because you are smart and innocent, " Jay said. I rolled my eyes annoyed by what he said. He knew how much I hated it when people called me innocent, yet he still teased me about it. I might be, but I was not boring or a nerd.

"Hey, stop we're smart too," Elle said. "Really, I mean we're smart at lying and partying!" Jay and I laughed at her, but I noticed her eyes went behind me. I raised my eyebrows confused, what was she looking at?

"Uh oh, someone is staring at you, sexy." I chuckled. Why would anyone stare at me? Oh, of course he was not, she was just joking. I was not ugly or bad, but I find myself normal.

"Who is staring at Violet?" Jay asked. I sighed at the bell rang.

"Let's go and we'll continue talking later," Elle said, both of them walked to their next class. I forgot to get my things for the next class, I hoped I wasn't late. I rushed to my locker and put my things in my bag. I headed to my next class as fast as I could and the hall was empty.

All of a sudden I crashed into someone when I was looking down in my bag to see if I forgot anything. I felt two hands catching me from falling, I looked up to see who I crashed into and my brown eyes met two beautiful green ones.

"Sorry, I wasn't looking." I said as he nodded, with a half smile. He walked away quickly without speaking a word. I didn't know who he was, I had never seen his face before at my school. Was he new? I asked myself.

I zoned out and remembered the class, I knocked on the door once I arrived. I got in apologizing to the teacher, thank god I didn't get a detention. It was my first time being late actually.

I tried my best to focus this time in class, but suddenly the door got opened and someone walked in. It was him, that one I crashed into."S-Sorry, I was l-late. I'm N-New." He stuttered. He got us all amazed by his strong British accent and deep voice. I didn't know why was he stuttering, maybe he was nervous because it's his first day. And, just like I thought, he is new.

"So, you're the new student. Welcome. . . Harry Styles." The name fitted him. He walked to the back of the class and took a seat. The teacher continued talking, but some of the students thought of him as the new topic to talk about. I felt someone was staring or looking at me, but I decided not to turn around. After the class was over, I walked out of it and Jay was in the hallway talking to his friends. When he saw me he waved, then excused himself and walked with me.

"So, how was the class? Did you want to sleep again?" I asked him smirking, making him roll his eyes.

"Shut up, nerdy," He joked. Before we continue our talk, we looked up to see Elle coming to us grinning.

"Hey guys!" Elle looked excited and that got us curious. She was never that happy at school, so that meant there was something exciting.

"Hey! Looking excited, why?" Jay asked her.

"Nothing. Oh, did you guys see that new kid?"

"Who?"

"They said his name is Harry. He is a British boy with curly hair." Wow, news spread fast.

"Yeah, I saw him. He was in my class." 

"Lucky you!" Elle playfully slapped my shoulder. "They said that he is hot." I laughed as Jay rolled his eyes. The bell rang again and I started to hate that bell for ruining my time.

"What do you have next?" Elle asked.

"Art, you?"

"English." I nodded, both of them also had English together. I was not sad though, Art is amazing. I liked that class. When I opened the door, and I headed to my seat. I was not late this time. Our art teacher was Emily, she was not old and close to our age. She was my favorite teacher. 

When the students started to come, I noticed Harry walked inside too.

"Hello, guys! First of all, please, welcome our new student Harry." She smiled then continued, "And, today you could draw anything you like. Anything you felt like drawing and expressing your feels in it. So enjoy and good luck. Also, when you finish your work, please, hand it to me."

Everyone started their work, but I didn't know what to draw. I had a white canvas and a blank head. I was looking around thinking of anything to draw and my eyes fell in the back of the class. I found myself curious to see what was Harry doing, it seemed like he already knew what he wanted to draw because his eyes were focused on what he was doing. I didn't notice that I started to stare at him, until his eyes met mine then looked down again after giving me a small smile.

Something about him was different, it made me curious. I mean he seemed fine and a normal student, but I didn't know why I was curious about him. Maybe, I was affected by movies or something. Or maybe my curiosity took the best of me.

________

Sorry for any grammar mistakes and this is not a cliche story where the boy is nerd and fell for a boring girl or that kind of stories.

You will know why he stutter. You will see it's not like any story you read, maybe it started like that, but it's different, trust me.