Chapter Eight

V I O L E T

"So, what do people do at parties like this?" I asked Harry. Although I knew because I saw what Jay and Elle did with the other people around, but I still felt clueless and I referred to people as in people like me. I was lost, I did not  know what was the fun part about going to parties and getting drunk. And, the next morning you could not remember anything, but you felt sick and a strong headache hitting you.

"Well, they dance, get drunk or m-make out," He said laughing at the last part and thanks to the lights he could not see my embarrassed and blushed face.

"But we can get soda cans from the kitchen, t-then go somewhere quiet. I-If you want?"

"Sounds much better!" I smiled and we walked through the drunken dancing people trying to find our way to the kitchen. Harry held my hand so tight so I did not get lost, and it felt... Safe.

His big warm hands were squeezing mine, made me feel comfortable and then he turned around to make sure that I was okay. When we got there Harry got the soda, then we headed to the backyard from the back door of the room. My head hurt a bit from the loud music, of course, that was expected. It was a party anyway.

We sat on the bench and Harry handed me my can, I mumbled a thank you and opened it carefully."Enjoying t-the party?" He asked smiling. I laughed and shook my head taking a sip.

"Ouch, that hurts," He joked, putting his hand on his hear as he was hurt of my words. I laughed at his childish act and shook my head.

 "To be honest, I'm enjoying it a little bit. I mean it is a pleasure spending my night with the one and only Harry Styles," I said smiling at him. He stood up and took a bow making me burst out laughing again.

"Thank you, m-miss Violet James." He laughed and sat back. "Who called you V-Violet, by t-the way?" He asked after we stopped laughing.

"My father. Actually, I don't know why he called me that, but I guess because Violet was his favorite color and flower."

"It fits you." I smiled and didn't say a word back.

The silence was shared a few moments later between us, after we finished our drinks Harry stood up and ran his fingers through his hair. "Excuse m-me, I am  going to the toilet. A-re you going to be o-okay by yourself?" He asked me and the worry was in his eyes. I nodded smiling.

"Sure, go ahead! I will wait for you here." He looked at me not convinced, I sighed. "I will be fine, Harry." He nodded and went quickly back inside. 

I took a deep breath breathing the fresh air around me and looking up at the beautiful dark sky. I admired the stars, I just loved the view and thought about everything had happened since I met Harry. I did not know what I was thinking or why. It was indescribable.

I felt safety and comfortable when I was with him, he was so down to earth and sweet. Maybe that was the reason why I felt like that. But I wanted to know him better all I knew about him was his name, that he was an artist and some information he told me that was not enough.  I wanted to know more about him and for the first time I wished that I could see his artwork, but I did not show mine and we both knew why. I had my reasons and he had his so it was fair enough.

"Beautiful night, huh?" I heard a voice that interrupted my thinking and it did not belong to Harry. I looked towards the person, he was smiling at me. His blue eyes shined because of the moonlight, and his blond hair covered his forehead. His hands were in his jeans pocket and to be honest, he looked handsome.

I did not answer him though, I never talked to strangers. But I was in a party and I had to talk to people and I should not be shy. The good part that he did not seem drunk, he took a few steps towards me and I stood up from my seat. "I hope I did not ruin your night, sorry!" He spoke again chuckling at the end.

"No, it's... Okay."

"Well, I'm Jake." He smiled taking his hand out, I shook his hand and smiled back.

"I'm Violet.''

"Beautiful name," I had a thought that he looked like a flirt. "So, why are you here alone and not enjoying the party inside?"

"Same question goes to you too."

"I am not a really party animal, I was dragged here by my friends. They wanted a ride and I was the only one available, so they left me as soon as we came here and here I am walking and breathing a fresh air," He explained and I smiled nodding my head understanding. His situation reminded me of my first party with my friends. "You?"

"Same, but my friend went inside to the toilet. And, my other friends are getting drunk. He should be back soon though." He nodded back.

"Mind if I join you until your friend is back?" 

"Not at all!" He smiled and we talked for about ten minutes I guess. He seemed nice and funny, he made me laugh.

Until I noticed that Harry was late and I wondered where was he. I looked through the glass door and my eyes went wide. I saw Harry laughing with a girl, who I might add looked so drunk. He held her in his arms and she put her head on his shoulder.

"Something is wrong? Violet?" I looked back at Jake and shook my head confused.

"I don't know. I really don't."

Uh oh... Drama? idk, comment your thoughts and vote!

Also sorry for any mistakes! x