Chapter Four

V I O L E T

"I hate school," Elle said with a bored face. Today was no different, it was a very boring day and boring classes, the usual. I chuckled at Elle and she rested her head on my shoulder, we looked in front of us to see Jay. He was cool and not bothered like us.

"Hey girls!" 

"Hey Jay," I said, he laughed when he looked at Elle.

"Are you bored, Elle?" She nodded with a pout and didn't answer him, I was sure that she was too lazy to reply. Then all of a sudden, she lifted her head from my shoulder and smirked.

"Why don't we go to Vio's house after school? You know, do homework and eat pizza?" I nodded agreeing, but Jay shook his head.

"Ah, I can't! I have to help my brother after school," He said. The bell rang, maybe today was starting to get better because my next class was Art. 

That meant I was meeting Harry, it had  been a week since the window accident and me looking stupid. I saw him every day, but we did not talk. It was like he was everywhere and I meant it when I said everywhere. Well, he was my neighbor, he went to the same school I went to and he had most of the classes with me and sometimes sat behind me. That what I called crazy. I was not sad or bothered, to be honest, I was just curious about something.

I couldn't lie that he was handsome and good looking like everyone said and I, of course, agreed. But he had no friends. He made no friends since he came here, he was always alone. That was another crazy thing. All the girls of course, tried to get his attention, but he ignored them and pushed the away nicely. That got me surprised, he didn't talk much and he seemed mysterious.

I think I became his stalker or fan for following him and his news. I was walking to the art class, when I got there I was about to enter, but I bumped into someone. I looked up to see who it was and my eyes met his green ones. 

"Looks like we keep bumping into each other a lot, Styles," I joked as he chuckled. I backed away from the door and he did the same. "You first." 

"N-No, ladies f-first," He said. I mumbled a thanks and went inside to my seat.

"Hello class," I turned back to face Emily, she kept talking about what we will draw and I was excited like always. I picked up my pencil and paper and began drawing what I wanted, then painted it with colored pencils. Every while and then, I stole glances at Harry, but I always looked away embarrassedly when I found him already staring at me.

The bell rang and the students gave their artwork to Emily, I collected my things in my bag couldn't wait for lunch. I went to her desk, I put my artwork and Harry was after me, I should get used to it. When Harry and I were about to get out of the class she called us by our names, we both turned around at the same time.

"Violet, Harry! Do you mind helping me in cleaning the room?" I always cleaned the room with her and I didn't mind at all, I didn't know why I found it fun cleaning the brushes and putting the colors in their places, but I guess this time it was going to be different with Harry. That if he accepted it.

"S-Sure," He said, then both of them looked at me waiting for my answer. I nodded my head.

"Aw thanks, guys! Violet, you know where to put that stuff, right?"

"Yes." 

She started cleaning her desk until another teacher called her from outside, she went out and left me with Harry. I sighed and turned to him, he was picking up the brushes to clean them.

I did the same and like always it was silent, being the quiet and shy me. I didn't say a word although there were million of thoughts running through my head. I looked at him again and this time he was cleaning the brushes, but he was going to put them in the wrong place.

"Hey Harry, um... You put the brushes there," I said pointing at their place. He put them at here I showed him and we both were done.

"Um, t-thanks," He said. After we finished, I slung my bag over my shoulder as he took his stuff and walked out of the class with me.

"Well, that was fun." I broke the silence between us, he laughed lightly and nodded his head. 

"Yeah," He said. I smiled as his face turned serious. "C-Can I ask you s-something?" 

"Go ahead."

"Um, I was w-wondering if y-you were mad a-at me-"

"Me mad at you? Why?" I cut him confused.

"Y-Yeah, because the teacher t-took your a-artwork first. I noticed y-you were sad t-the first day w-we met." He stuttered. Was he nervous or...?

"No, Harry. I was not mad or sad, I was confused. I was the last one that gave her my art and she never allowed anyone after me. It was because I hated when people saw my work, that was all! But that does not make me mad at you, it is not a big of a deal." He nodded.

"Well, I-I didn't see it, I swear." I chuckled. "But why d-did you hate i-it when people s-aw your w-work?" He asked causing me to sigh. It was an embarrassing thing actually. Being an artist taught you to be confident, not the opposite

"Insecurity or being nervous, I guess." He nodded his head again. Maybe he understood what I meant, he was an artist just like me. "Anyway, it's lunch, do you have anyone to sit with?" 

"No."

"Would you like to sit with my friends and I?"

I was trying to be nice because he was new and I knew how that felt. When Emily asked us to clean the classroom I thought he was going  decline, but he helped me. I think he needed some friends if he wanted to survive high school. That was what Elle told me when we first met.

"I-If it's okay." I nodded as I thought it was going to be an interesting lunch. 

______

Hey guys, so sorry for not updating for so long. School was taking my time, and still. Sorry, if this is a boring chapter or so many mistakes, It's 4am and I'm sleepy. Also I just wanted to update for you to tell you how sorry I am.

Anyways, Happy new year!

And... What do you think will happen from here? Any thoughts? 
Vote and comment! :)