Chapter Two

V I O L E T

"Please, hand me your work." Our teacher, Emily, said. We collected our things and handed her our artwork. After a while of me thinking what to draw, I got an idea of drawing a portrait of a girl. It was simple, a girl with a floral crown on her head and braiding her hair. It was drawn in black and white. It looked beautiful, I was proud of my work, to be honest, and I was really excited for her to see it. She had always loved to see my art and she gave me tips or ideas.

I was always the last one that gave her my art so no one could see my work. Nobody had ever seen it, I hated it when people saw it so I showed no one other than Emily. I only showed it to my teacher, no one else even my own mother.

I looked behind me and Harry was getting his stuff to leave. Then, he got his canvas and came behind me. I kind of hugged the canvas and pushed it closer to my chest, afraid that it would get ruined, though. I waited for Harry to give her his work so I could be the last one, but he just smiled at me and didn't move. Maybe he didn't catch it what I thought about.

"Um, here give her first." I smiled at him and stepped aside so he could move in front of me, but he stood still. He shook his head.

"N-No, you first." I shook my head back, but all of a sudden Emily took my canvas without me realizing.

 I looked back at her and she was smiling calmly at me, or maybe that was a smirk. I raised my eyebrows, she nodded and said nothing. That was weird, I walked out of the class a bit surprised. She knew how insecure I was and I am sure he saw it. Elle and Jay were in front of me smiling, Elle's eyes went behind me and she smirked.

"Wait, he's with you in this class too. Like I said, what a lucky girl!"

"He is weird? No, he is different." 

"Different?" Elle asked and they raised their eyebrows at me. "How?"

"He is always quiet, but not shy. He always sits in the back of the class."

"Oh, so you were watching him. Looks like someone is having a crush on the new kid," Elle said. I rolled my eyes at her.

"You forgot something. He is good looking too, we don't want El to kill us," Jay said, I chuckled. "But Vio, that doesn't make him weird or different. I mean I sit- no, we all sit in the back. You are always quiet and you're not so shy."

"Yeah, that does not make him like what you said. He sounds normal."

"Yeah, you are right," I said shrugging my shoulder. "Maybe because Emily, our art teacher, took his canvas before me made me think like that."

"Yeah.  But let me ask you something, why are you always so shy or nervous about anyone seeing your work?" Jay asked while we were walking down the hallway.

"I don't know. A habit or insecurity?" 

"It doesn't mean he saw your work, Vio," Elle said. "But there is something interesting. He was the one that was staring at you, Vio." I was not very surprised about that because he already done it before. I felt his eyes burning into my skin in the class. He was different than any person I have met, his eyes held untold stories.

Why was I even thinking about him? It looked like I was affected by what Emily did earlier. It was not a crime, I guess Elle was right. Maybe he did not see my art after all. And, about him staring at me, It was normal. He was new, maybe he wanted to be friends with me, but he was nervous or something. Although I doubt that. A lot of thoughts but they could be true.

The day flew by quickly and I was listening to music on my phone while I was on my way home. I got my keys from my bag and I saw which meant she was home. I couldn't help but notice a lot of boxes and a big van in front of the house that was next to us. I guess we had new neighbors.

"Mom, I'm home."

"Hey, sweetie! Good, you are here. We have new neighbors!" I nodded smiling then I kissed her cheek.

"Yeah, I noticed," After I said that we heard a knock on our door. I went to open it and my eyes went wide. What the heck was he doing here?

"Harry?" I said chuckling, he smiled wide.

"H-Hey." 

"Let me guess, you are my new neighbor?" He nodded and two dimples on each cheek appeared. How the heck I had never noticed them? 

"Violet, who is-" My mum stopped once she saw Harry, she smiled at us and came closer.  A woman came behind Harry and I assumed it was his mother.

"Oh, hi! Are you the new neighbors?" And, the conversation started.They got inside and our mothers talked more.

I didn't move from my seat or say anything, I just kept staring at the floor. But it looked like Harry was interested in looking around the house and stealing glances at me. I should have found it creepy or weird, but I didn't feel anything other being nervous. I was not used to this attention. 

I took a glance at him and he quickly looked away then looked back at me and sent me his usual half smiles. I smiled back and looked at my hands with feeling the heat on my cheeks. I excused myself to go upstairs and headed to my room. I was bored and I had nothing to do, but I wanted to leave because I started to feel nervous. I felt nervous around him yet so comfortable and I just met him a few hours ago.

I had to admit that he was nice, he was not a flirt, bad boy or a nerd. He was kind and quiet, I felt like I knew him. I felt like we had things in common.

I stood up and played some music on my phone then I sat back on my bed. I got a pencil and my sketch and I started to draw anything came to my mind. I got lost in time and I realized it was starting to get darker outside. I got off the bed and stopped the music, I heard no voice so I assumed they were gone.

I got downstairs and my mum was in the kitchen, I smiled at her when she turned around and she smiled back. My mum and I lived alone. After my dad passed away, it was the worst thing that happened to us. We moved to another house because it was hard for us, but we never forgot him. My mum was all I had got and she was my life.

"So, how was your day at school? And, how are Jay and Elle?"

"They are great. And, school was like the usual, boring." Mom laughed. After a while with silence shared in the room she broke it.

"So, what do you think of Anne and Harry?"

"They are nice."

"And good looking too." Mom joked chuckling, what was it with 'good looking' thing? Everyone was saying it today.

"Who? Anne? Yeah, she is beautiful." She let out a laugh asI smirked. I knew what she meant, of course. My mum was like my best friend, she talked and treated me like her younger sister or something like that. Sometimes I even felt like she was a teenager. Well, she was not that old so she understood me.

"Anyway, dinner will be ready in a few minutes." I nodded. I went upstairs again to change my clothes, but I noticed the curtains were open like my window. I went to close them, but I stopped when I noticed my new neighbor, Harry. He sitting on the edge of his bed.

I didn't know what happened, but I kept staring for like what? Minutes? I lost track of time looking at him. He was wearing a grey sweater and sweatpants, he changed from earlier. He was looking at the floor. He looked like he zoned out of our world and thinking deep.

Suddenly, he looked at my window and I quickly got down on the floor so he couldn't see me. Oh god, I was so embarrassed, this was so humiliating. I heard a laugh, so I stood up and he was standing in front of his window. He smirked and crossed his arms against his chest, looking at me.

"Oh, hey! I was. . . Looking for my earrings," I said with a stupid smile, what a terrible lie. He raised his eyebrows. I waved weirdly at him and he waved back chuckling. I closed the blinds and sighed.

What a day!

______

So? Good? Bad? haha
A lot of people wanted me to update and thank you for reading,
and here's a cute chapter. 
Also aren't they so cute? In real life and in here? :)

What do you think? Comment and vote, please!