Chapter Twenty Three

*Read the note in the end, please. Thank you, now keep reading and enjoy! :) 

V I O L E T

"Where are you taking us?" 

"Can you stop asking for one minute and just keep walking?" I chuckled at how impatient he was. It was dark and I was taking him to the forest, I wanted to go to the tree house. Every time I was sad or bored I came here, it calmed me down. He could not figure out where we were heading, although he was the one to show me the way before, but it was dark.

"I-I can not shut up because it is dark and I can not see anything."

"Well, don't you trust me?"

"Of course I do, but what if you are kidnapping me?" He joked, I turned around to face him and I could see his smirk in the dark. He looked so beautiful and handsome, no wonder why I fancied him. He was what every girl wanted.

The hardest thing was that I let him think that he was my best friend, he did not know that I felt much more than that. I wanted more, if he only knew.

"Violet, are you okay?" We stopped walking and he raised any eyebrow at me,  I realized I was staring at him. I shook my head and looked down.

"Hm? Sorry, I was thinking." 

"About?" We continued our walking, then we stopped when we got to the tree house. "Oh, s-so we are at the tree house, I-I did not notice that." 

"Yeah, let's get up there."

"Or we could lie down here and watch the stars." He suggested. I looked into his shining green eyes and his face was so beautiful under the moonlight. I did it again, I got lost in looking at him, but no one could blame me. It was so hard not to.

"Better idea," I agreed with anything so he could cheer up and be comfortable. We lied on the grass and I watched the beautiful stars up there, looking like beautiful diamonds. It was a beautiful night just like the ones we had before.

"Y-You did not tell me what you were t-thinking about," He broke the silence between us.

"I was thinking about the question I asked you earlier, that you didn't answer."

"Oh." He turned his head and looked at me."Why do you care so much?" I shrugged.

"I don't. But I mean if she did not cancel on you, then why did you lie to me? I thought friends don't lie." I faced him, he was taken back by my sudden outburst although I was calm. 

"Okay, you are right. I-I am sorry," He said.

"It is okay, I am not telling you to apologize. It is your life and you do whatever you like." He sighed and I faced the sky. I could see him from the corner of my eyes looking at me. 

"I did it to spend more time with you, Vio," He explained. I looked back at him as he turned his head to face the sky and smiled. 

"Thank you. I had a really great time." I smiled at my hands. "Although someone ruined it later on." I wanted to start talking about that situation. The lovely moment that was about to happen and every girl waited for. 

"No, your mum is so sweet." He chuckled, I knew he said that to change the subject.

"Thanks, your mum is very nice too." Harry chuckled.

"D-Did you know that my mum thought we were dating?" He looked at me smiling as I raised my eyebrows. I was excited to know what his thoughts were, on us. 

"Really?" 

"Yeah, but I told her we are only friends." I nodded in disappointment, but I tried not showing it.

"Why?" I said without thinking, but I totally regretted it when I saw the look on his face. He frowned and he looked confused."I-I mean... Am I that bad?" I joked to change the subject. 

"No, of course not. It is just I am not thinking of dating at all." 

"Then, why were you going to kiss me?" He looked taken back by my question, but I blurted out again without thinking because I needed to know. He did not want to date then why did he want to kiss me? Was he just bored or something? Or even playing and flirting? I sighed again as I looked at the sky and shook my head. "Sorry, I did not mean to say tha-"

"Violet," He stood up cutting me off. I stood up, I thought we were leaving, but he held my hand in his. "You are a very nice girl, kind a-and beautiful." I smiled. I was glad that he thought that about me, then why couldn't he see through my eyes? Was I not good at showing it? "B-But I am no good for you, I do not want to change you or hurt you without noticing. You are worthy. Being friends with you is the best thing that ever happened. And, if we dated and I-I messed up, I will regret it and never forgive myself b-because I can not lose you. No matter how it hurts for not being able to do a lot of things with you, this is what I have to do to not ruin... W-What we have." He shook his head and put his hand on my cheek, caressing it. I pulled away from his hand gently.

I never thought he would ever get so deep like that, what I hear was beautiful yet so hurting and painful. He felt the same, and I thought he was right about every word. "Thanks for being honest with me." 

"I hope this d-do not chan-"

"Nothing has changed." I smiled and wrapped my arms around him, hugged him tight as he hugged me back. I was afraid to let go and move on, but I had to. It was a hard choice, but having him as a friend in my life was better than dating him and if something happened, everything changed and he would be gone. "You know we are so much alike." He smiled as I chuckled changing the subject to lighten up the mood.

"We are." I was relieved that I knew how he felt, I did not have to think or worry anymore. "C-Can I ask you something?"

"Sure anything, Harry." Harry sighed and ran his hand through his brown curls. He had me worried for a second. 

"I-If I asked Sarah out, would you be sad?"

That could not get any worse.

Damn, damn, damn... WHAT THE HECK HARRY IS DOING?! next update you'll know [don't worry this isn't your cliche story ;)]

Also people keep telling me update every day, I want to say sorry I can't cause I'm busy and sick. I go to the hospital every week and I'm so busy with other stuff, but I wanted to thank you for all the support and love, you guys are amazing! 

Don't forget to Vote and Comment xx