Chapter 30

Here is the last chapter of Hunter & his Prey. This chapter is dedicated to @GabbyWilson4 :D

*****

The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.

-Lee Iacocca

DUNCAN P.O.V

I groaned when the harsh rays of the sun light, filtering through the curtains, hit my face. Sitting up on the bed, I tossed back the duvet and stared at Orseline’s sleeping form beside me.

She was lying on her stomach, her dark hair was spread all around the pillow and the duvet was loosely draped on her waist.

I was glad that she was sleeping now, because ever since we returned home, after Isadora’s death, Sel has been crying non-stop. I knew what she had heard about her father bothered her, but looking at her crying every time bothered me.

Nothing I did calmed her which only made my wolf more anxious inside me.

I hated seeing her like this. It is very unlike Sel, to stay silent and not initiate a conversation.

She wanted us to go back to her pack yesterday but I refused. Considering the state of mind, she was in yesterday, I knew she would go and attack her father with the questions. I didn’t want that since I knew it would only hurt her more.

I had asked Tyson to dig Frank’s office and find out something that would help us. So far, he has not called and informed anything.

I just hope this time the goddess actually hears my prayers.

Running a hand through my hair, I got up from the bed and walked towards the window. Holding the ledge of the ceiling, I stared at the closed window of the next house.

I inhaled deeply and frowned when I couldn’t sense Darya’s presence in her room. It was then I realized that Darya stayed with us last night.

I had assigned four guards for Darya yesterday evening. Those guards are to be there with her whenever she goes out of the house, to her school, shopping, anything. They are meant to accompany her. I don’t care if she needs guards or not because she will have to keep them. I don’t want her in any danger.

I am even planning on asking her to complete the rest of her education by being homeschooled. It would be good for her and even will keep her away from the possible danger.

The possible danger, being that pup.

I can never erase the image of that pup bathing in Peter’s blood. That was plain cruel and insane. He looked barely fifteen and is practicing such horrific rituals.

I had not seen his face clearly, considering how he was covered in blood but I knew that pup would grow to become a strong wolf one day. If he is capable of killing an Alpha even before he is fifteen, then it only shows how strong he is.

My cell phone ringing, snapped me out of my thoughts.

When I saw that it was from Tyson, I walked out of the room and answered the call only after closing the room door.

“Did you get anything?” I asked him as soon as I answered. I didn’t bother with the pleasantries.

“No. Nothing. He is clean” Tyson said and I furrowed my brows.

“Then how did she…?” I trailed off. It was confusing me as to why Isadora blamed her dad.

“She might have been trying to play with us, for all I know. But I have checked his office and it is one hundred percent clean” he said.