Chapter 21

And now, Chapter 21 for you all which is dedicated to @McGodfrey:D

PLEASE READ THE NOTE AT THE END

Pic on the side is of>>>

****

“I would tell people some years later that I was raised an only child and

so was my brother.” 
 Homer Hickam, Rocket Boys

DUNCAN P.O.V

Twirling, I laid on my stomach. Closing my eyes, I hoped to get some sleep but it didn’t work. Whenever I would close my eyes I could see her face. I just couldn’t stop thinking about Sel. Drinking whisky helped for some time but once I was sober, I would be occupied with her thoughts, again.

I had wanted to get out of that town as soon as I came to know she is O and so I immediately ordered everyone in my pack to pack their bags and within ten minutes we were on our wheels. Everyone in my pack sensed my bad mood but didn’t question about it. Once I was inside the house, I barely got time to throw my bag because I had shifted soon after. I was furious as to why she lied to me. Why did she hide so big truth about herself? She was O. The more I thought about it the more angry I got and so I had gone hunting. I barely hunted anything because I drained my energy by running and when I came home, I couldn’t sleep. I was growing restless and then again in anger I destroyed the whole house. I think only the kitchen is as it was, rest every part of the house needs renovation.

My wolf on the other hand was whining for Seline. I keep forgetting her name is Orseline and every fucking time I try to remember it, I see the image of her killing my father, a mental image which was created by my own thoughts. She killed my father. I had told her that I was after the person who killed my father and yet she kept quiet about it.

How could she do that to me?

Why was she killing Alpha’s? She herself was an Alpha then what was the need for her to kill others? Why Granel, Cortez, Raven and Tyson were killing Alpha’s. Darya, that girl is a mystery I cannot solve at all. She is… different. Why was Sel killing Alpha’s for Darya?

So many questions and the more I thought about it the more frustrated it made me. And amidst all of this I missed Sel.

Though I had seen her yesterday, it felt like ages since I had seen her. I was totally surprised to see her here yesterday but then that surprise was replaced by the same mental image which made me furious. I… My wolf was practically begging me to go to her but I was the one holding him back. I couldn’t. I couldn’t just forget what she is. I couldn’t forget it that easily. I closed my eyes again and then her hurt face popped into my head. Her face while she was trying her best to hold back her tears.

Her howl which was filled with so much pain and hurt that it had my wolf howling back for her. It felt like my heart was being crushed when I heard that howl. The howl was because she was in pain. Pain over the bite. I didn’t intend to bite her like that, I swear. I was so blind with anger that I wanted her to feel the pain she had caused me and then my wolf took control over me which ended up in me biting her shoulders almost close to ripping a chunk off her body.

It was only after she pushed me away I realized what I had done to her. Tasting her blood in my mouth only fueled my wolf’s lust for her but looking at the blood dripping from the bite I made, had my wolf whimpering in pain. I was about to apologize for that but before I could open my mouth she started talking and said things which I wished to not hear from her mouth.