Chapter 20

Hi…

Chapter 20 is here and it is dedicated to @Yuri001 :D

Pic of Sel’s dad>>>>>

*****

“This is part of what a family is about, not just love. It's knowing that your family will be there watching out for you. Nothing else will give you that. Not money. Not fame. Not work.”
― Mitch Albom, Tuesdays With Morrie

ORSELINE P.O.V

When I reached the large gates of the apartment building Tyson was already there waiting for me holding my clothes. I held the cloth in between my jaws and marched into the woods.

“Where is Darya?” I asked him once I was dressed. I needed water because I was panting.

“My place” he said. “You went to meet him?” Tyson asked me and I didn’t reply. My silence gave Tyson the answer he needed and a low growl escaped from my chest. “Did he hurt you?” Tyson asked after few minutes of silence.

“No” I lied.

“When are we leaving?” he asked me.

“In ten minutes” I told him and he nodded. We were now climbing the stairs to our place.

“Wait a minute, where is your car?” Tyson asked me.

“I left it in his pack” I said without looking him in the eye. Tyson seemed to get the message because he didn’t question me anymore. “Did you find anyone suspicious?” I asked him and he shook his head.

“So far, none but Granel is still in alert. He will inform us if anyone tries to follow us” Tyson said and I bobbed. I really didn’t want anyone following me or Darya when we go back to my pack.

“I will be back in ten” I said and pushed open the door to my apartment. The apartment, I am leaving now. I had stayed in this place for nearly six months now and I had fallen in love with this place but staying here more would only mean harm to Darya and I didn’t want that.

Sitting in the edge of my bed, I drank the water from my bottle. I looked at my arms that had no trace of what Duncan did to me but that didn’t mean what he did hurt less. While running back to the Supreme Pack territory, I tried my best to push his thoughts away but it didn’t work at all. When I felt a drop of tears fall on the back of my left hand wrist, I realized I was crying. I was a crying a lot these days. It’s like I had gallons of tears stored inside me.

I was wiping my tears when I felt someone gazing at me intently. I turned my head and saw Darya standing near the threshold of the door looking at me with worry.