Chapter 14

Hi…..

I’m back with a bang:D My exams are over and so updates will be better than they were (conditions apply)

Okay…. so this chapter is dedicated to @himanshukurmi92 :D

Pic on the side is of Duncan’s wolf>>>

*****

“The worst pain in the world goes
beyond the physical. Even further
beyond any other emotional pain
one can feel. It is the betrayal of a
friend.”
― Heather Brewer , Ninth Grade Slays

DUNCAN P.O.V

Her brother? Seline had a brother?

Orion?

And he was killed by those rogues?

I stared at Sel who was growling continuously. Her golden eyes met mine before she took off running in the opposite direction.

“Sel” I called her but she didn’t sojourn, so I followed her.

All the while I kept a good distance because I knew she needed this run, to control her wolf. Around fifteen minutes later she stopped running. She stood on a rock and craning her neck up she howled. Her howl was filled with pain and my wolf whined slowly inside because he could connect with her.

Lowering her head she looked at me slowly. I closed the distance between us and slowly ran my fingers on her soft fur. It felt good to run my fingers on her beige color fur. Live electric current spread all over my body when I did that. “Are you okay?” I asked her and she whined.

“Come on” I told her and she followed me while we made our way back towards the lake.

“Sel” I called her. She had shifted back and gone behind a tree to change. She was right; the extra dress does come in handy. “Sel” I called again but there was no reply. I could hear her breathing and so I walked towards the tree.

Sel was leaning against the tree, with her hands behind her back. She closed her eyes shut and then the tears rolled down her pink cheeks. I pulled her towards me and hugged her. Soothing her hair, I whispered to her that I love her.

“He was eleven at the time” she spoke breaking the silence, her voice muffled.

Pulling away she looked at me. “My brother Orion” she said smiling sadly. I looked at her eyes that had a faraway look in them.