Chapter 1

And now, Presenting you the first chapter of Hunter & his Prey:)

Pic of Duncan played by Kellan Lutz>>>>

This chapter is dedicated to @Outlawed :D

*****

There is no hunting like the hunting of man,

and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it,

never care for anything else thereafter.

-Ernest Hemingway

EMPEROR PACK, 2013

DUNCAN P.O.V

PARKING my sleek black Mercedes near the gate I made my way towards my dad’s grave where he was buried two days ago. I didn’t feel the need to open an umbrella despite the heavy downpour. There was a separate corner in the grave yard that was reserved for the Alpha bloodlines of the family. Every Alpha male of the family along with their mates were buried there. I walked past my mom’s tomb and stood in front of Dad’s. ABRAHAM XAVIER RHOADES was written in his head stone.

I shoved my fingers into my coat pocket and closed my eyes and replayed the last time I had spoken with my dad. It was a five days ago and he had sounded scared. He told me to come back and be the Alpha. I was surprised to hear that from him. That was coming from a man who refused to give the title to me when I was eighteen, refused to give the title to me when I was twenty-one and then finally agreed to give the title to me if i find my mate. The blue hair knew that I wouldn’t find my mate soon.

But now, when I was twenty three he had called me and asked me to take the title. I had given up hopes of ever getting the Alpha position because my dad loved it too much to even share it with his own son. He had told me that he wanted to leave the country and travel after that. I had a good laugh after he said that.

“You are kidding right?” I asked him chuckling.

“No. I am ready to handover the title to you. Just come back” he pleaded.

“Okay. Tell me what mess have you gotten yourself into?” I growled at him. I knew he was in deep shit because he sounded desperate and so desperate that he had to depend on me.