Chapter 10

Hi....

Chapter 10 for you all, which is dedicated to @_Riz_15 who is celebrating her Birthday today:)

****

“If a man is proud of you in
public,
he will always be proud of
you.”
― M.F. Moonzajer

DUNCAN P.O.V

I was actually confused. Did Tyson find his mate or not? If yes, where was she? Because the pained expression told me that they weren’t together. Is she dead?

Seline who was beside me turned to look at me with knitted brows. “What?” I asked her. “Did Tyson find his mate?” I asked her looking guilty and she nodded.

“Yes” she replied sighing. “She is a human”

“Where is she then?”

“I don’t know and neither does he. He met her a year ago in a diner. Since she was a human, he didn’t want to rush her into anything and so he took things slow. They went on one date and fixed a second one but when he went to pick her up the second time she wasn’t there. Her house was locked and her family had left town all of a sudden.” Seline said sadly.

“Did you meet her?”

“No. All I know is her name is Piper.” Seline said shaking her head. I really felt bad for bringing the topic of Tyson’s mate now. I can understand how he feels about it because when I saw Seline unconscious yesterday after being stabbed, it killed me. I couldn’t bear the thought of living away from her.

Just then there was a loud howl from the woods. “It’s him” Seline said looking at me. “Please go and apologize to him” she requested.

“Didn’t he try to find anything about her?” I asked her confused.

“He did. But it’s all vain. It’s like she has vanished from the surface of the earth. She was a student living with her father and brother. We all tried to find out about her but it was of no use. I suspect she had come to the pack for vacation and since she is human she was unaware of the bond” Sel said.

“Which Pack did he find her in?”

“My pack” she said. “Every holiday he goes there and waits for her. He has even brought the house she was in” Seline said and I really felt bad for the guy. It wasn’t his fault neither the girl’s fault. “We all avoid talking about the topic in front of him and as for him interrupting us, he is just being protective, a duty my dad assigned to him” she said smiling and I nodded.

There was another howl and I heard Darya calling Seline and me to come in for dinner. I stared at the woods for a few minutes “Don’t worry, he will be back” Sel said giving me a warm smile and tugged my arm.

“Where is Tyson?” Raven asked while serving dinner.

“He has gone for a run” Sel said. Raven frowned and sat beside Granel.

In my mind I was having a mini debate of whether or not telling Granel the truth about why I am actually here. It was obviously disturbing me pretty much, but I decided against telling the truth because now wasn’t the right time or place and everyone were here.

“Everything okay?” I heard Granel asking me and I nodded.

I was eating my salad when Granel got up all of a sudden. “Tyson is outside” he said and went to his room. He came out along with a pair of shorts and went out.