Chapter 17

Hi….

Here is chapter 17 which is dedicated to @My_Little_Secret_ :D

Pic on the side>>>

*****

Watching clear midnight skies
suddenly intense storms come alive
showing her rage
as each lightning bolt strikes
Mother Nature no longer sits
idly by

A plink and a plank is heard outside
once she tears up
and starts to cry

Windows rattle
foundations shake
as the roar of her thunder
is heard miles away

Mercy her violence does not show
causing many to scatter
while others are shattered

This mother
has single handedly
earned her respect
proving once and for all
a match for no man

---Sherry Lynn Hull Richardson

ORSELINE P.O.V

May be Duncan was out of the house. May be he needed some time for himself. I thought and tried to convince myself. He also might not have gone out of the house right?

I wanted to check his apartment and so I ran upstairs.

When I reached his room, I didn’t bother knocking. I roughly pushed the door and went inside. His scent was all over the place but I couldn’t sense his presence. I walked into the room where his scent was the most. I gulped when I saw the closet empty and none of his bags were there.

Unable to believe it, I went to the next apartment where his pack members were staying but this room too was empty and I closed my eyes shut when I saw that.

He left.

Duncan and every one from his pack were gone. Slowly, I forced my legs to walk out of the apartment and then went back to Duncan’s place. His scent was calming me down but that didn’t make the pain in my heart any less. The mark in my neck was burning me alive.

I sat on the couch and closed my eyes. I never regretted killing anyone. They deserved to die for destroying the Elegance Pack. They deserved to die for everything they have done to those gifted pups. They deserved to die just like Remy, Tito, Orion and Austin. We couldn’t save Austin but we are going to save Darya, the last one left.

I would do anything to save Darya. I couldn’t save my brother but I will save Darya. We all couldn’t save those four but we promised to save Darya.

It all started when they attacked and destroyed the Elegance Pack completely. I was a kid back then and didn’t know much about it. The waters had calmed down but it rose again when Remy was killed.

In 1998, when Elegance Pack was destroyed everyone in the pack was dead. There were no survivors from the pack. That was what the news was spread everywhere. Rogues had cruelly attacked and destroyed the whole pack but what we and neither did the rogues know was that Alpha Victor Burke’s son was saved.