Chapter 23

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE: D Cheers to all. May you have a joyous and glorious year ahead...

Here is chapter 23 which is dedicated to @FarhiyaaAli :D

And as I promised, Releasing the cover of my next book CALMING CORTEZ>>> (yes, it’s the same Cortez of H&HP)

****

“All truth passes through three stages: First, it is ridiculed;

Second, it is violently opposed; Third, it is accepted as self-evident.”
― Arthur Schopenhauer

DUNCAN P.O.V

I was pacing in my room continuously ever since Darya left. I was recalling what she had said about dad being involved in killings of the Elegance Pack. He couldn’t be involved, it just wasn’t possible. I was ready to believe that Darya could be my sister but dad being involved in this mess- that was a little too much to digest. He couldn’t be. He wouldn’t stoop so low. Why would he do that? He had a pack, a mate, a family therefore why would he go and attack another pack?

Sitting on the edge of the bed, I placed my palms on my knees and lowered my heads. I needed to think, ask a lot of people about what my dad did while he was an Alpha. He had always kept me away and hence I didn’t know what he did while he was an Alpha, however James, my dad’s beta would certainly know what he used to do and so I called him through the link and asked him to come to my office. I needed to talk to that man.

In the meantime, I called for an agency to redecorate my broken house.

“Did you need something son?” James asked me as soon as he reached my office. I saw his hazel eyes scanning my ruined office once however he didn’t speak anything about it.

“I know you were not only my dad’s beta but also his friend. So, did my dad tell you anything before he died?” I asked James, my voice unruffled even though I was trying to hear his heartbeat while he was speaking.

“No” James said and shook his head. “He did seem worried a few days before and he even said he would hand over the title to you and leave the country. In fact he even had me booking a ticket for him to Europe. He seemed desperate to get out of here but then just a day before he seemed completely alright and he then asked me to cancel the ticket, which I did. I was shocked to see the change in him but then I thought he was fine and he was just scared of O, so he was planning to give up the title” James said.

“O” I whispered the name. None in my pack knew that Sel, their current Luna is O and I liked to keep it that way. I didn’t want them knowing about it, ever.

“Yes O. The Alpha Killer, Abe was scared that he will come after him. He said O had killed his friends and that he was the next target. He was constantly troubled about O coming to kill him after Grier’s death. But then as time passed by his fear only grew and he would refuse to go anywhere without guards. In fact there were guards guarding him at night while he was sleeping. He was paranoid about the killer but when I saw the change in his actions that day, hours before his death, I did ask him why he was so happy. He didn’t reply well but just said that O will never be able to harm him ever again and that he was prepared to fight that killer.”