Part 16: A break from Reality

I shift uncomfortably in the blue fabric seat against the window. Everything looks so tiny from up here. It's been a long time since I've been on a plane. I almost forgot how annoying it is to sit next to the constantly coughing old man and the giddy girls in front of you cackling about their week to come. Especially when the plane is going to the U.K.

*****
-one week earlier-

I am rudely awaken by my phone ringing.
I look over at the clock on the nightstand, it's five in the morning. I grumble and pick up my phone.

"Hello?"

A thick English accent comes through the line.

"June bug! How are you girly?"

"Angus?"

"Bloody hell, Juno, you sound terrible!"

"It's five in the morning here, Angus, shit!"

"Oooh that's right! I'm sorry!"

"It's alright. What did you need?"

"Well, I wanted to call and let you know that we loved your covers! Our favorite is the one with the fish head. It's kick ass!"

"That's great, Angus, I'm glad!"

"Yeah yeah, in fact, we wanted to ask if you wanted to come for a concert next week. On us, VIP tickets, plane tickets, and all!"

I sit up in suprise.

"What, really?!"

"Yeah, it'd do us some good if you were there, June bug!"

"Wow, that's so sweet! I- yeah, I'll be there! "

"Awesome! I'll send you the tickets and the passes as soon as I got 'em."

"Thank you so much, Angus!"

"Of course, thank you for your amazing work!"

"No problem, I had fun with it."

"Now go on back to sleep love, I'll see you soon."

"Haha alright, bye."

I squeal to myself in excitement.

I met Angus on my exchange trip to Wales during high school. He's a tall lanky guy with short black hair. He always wears worn t-shirts and jeans. It was at an ice cream shop not too far from our hotel. We exchanged numbers and kept in contact ever since. Unfortunatly I hardly ever get to see him. We skype ever so often, but unless he's on a tour in America, I never see him.

Later that day I call Kim and Chico and tell them about my talk with Angus.

*****
-present-

I rummage through my bag and pull out my wallet to double check for my VIP pass.
I also double check the adress of the hotel and the room number.
Check and....check.
I sigh and look out the window again. I pull out my headphones and neck pillow.
I have another ten hours ahead of me.