Part 4: uh oh!

"See you later J-Bird, remember we're meeting at chico's tomorrow after class!"

"yeah, I'll see you then!"

"love you!"

"love you too Kim!"

I start to head to my car. I wrap my plum scarf tighter around my neck, I love winter, even if my nose and my fingers become numb. I look up, it's cloudy. Hopefully it snows! In even in Northern California we don't get much snow. I was born and raised in Colorado, I miss the snow.
I got in sort of late today so my car was parked toward the back. I don't mind walking though. I pulled out the keys to my sky blue mini Cooper from my pocket and unlock it. I go to pull the door open but it doesn't budge. I pull again. I take my other hand out of my pocket and try with both hands. I forgot my gloves at home so my hands are close to frozen. I keep trying to pull the door open; it still won't budge.
I'm so occupied with the car door, I didn't even realize I had someone watching me.
I hear that Batman voice again.

"You want some help?"

My eyes shoot up to him standing in his leather jacket and black beanie just on the other side of my car. oh shit!

"I--um...sure."

He walks around to the side of the car I'm standing on. He gets abnoxiously close to me until I step out of the way. He gives the door a firm jolt. the whole car shakes.

"Damn, it's frozen solid. There's no way you can get open."

*sigh* "Shit, I guess I can call Kim."

"Don't worry about it, I'll give you a ride."

I fingers froze hovering over the touchscreen on my phone. I had to contemplate if he actually said that, or if I was just imagining things. I looked up at him with suprise.

"seriously?"

"Yeah, but you gotta show me the way!"

He chuckles deeply with the most charming smile ever known to man!
I nod.