77.

I blinked back at the closed door trying to get my head around what just happened, it was so fast and unexpected.

"Hey, it's alright," Aston whispered pulling me into his arms. "He's gone now, he can't hurt you."

I wrapped my arms around his neck holding him tight. If I let go now I'd fall to the floor, I can feel my legs weakening beneath me.

"I'm so sorry," I mumbled.

"Shh, you've got nothing to apologise for."

"All those things he said.."

All of a sudden the front door swung open and Aston jumped in defence.

"Oh Aston," Siobhan gushed.

"Son?!" Steve spoke pushing through.

"He's gone Dad, it's alright," Aston said.

"Did he hurt you?" Steve asked.

"We're fine, he didn't touch us," Aston replied.

"Let me look at you."

Siobhan cupped Aston's face in her hand and ran her thumb over his jaw checking for cuts and bruises, the only mark is one left from before on his eyebrow. She then gave me the once over holding her hands around my stomach but there hasn't even been the slightest flinch yet.

"Honestly, we're fine," Aston smiled.

Still flustered Siobhan sat us both down in the living room. "I'll go and put the kettle on, they say it's the solution to every problem."

"What did he want Aston?" Steve asked.

"I don't think he came for a fight, he just wanted to confront Kayleigh about the pregnancy," he replied.

"How did he find out?"

"Kelly's sister works at the hospital."

"Kelly?" he frowned.

"I work with her, lets just say she's trouble," I mumbled.

"Oh right."

"Here you go," Siobhan said joining us in the living room with four cups of tea on a tray.

"Thank you," I smiled.

"He has a right to confront the situation, you know," Steve continued.

"Not necessarily," Aston muttered.

"Aston, he could be the father."

"Steve," Siobhan warned.

"I'm just saying."

"I know Dad, but Kayleigh's my girlfriend and I'll support her and the baby no matter what," Aston replied.

"I don't doubt that, but he has rights son. You really should find out who the baby's father is."

"Have you worked out the date you conceived?" Siobhan asked. "It could be as simple as that."

"Yeah, it's about six weeks ago but I can't remember when I started seeing Aston."

"Right."

"I'm sorry, it's so stupid of me," I murmured hiding my face in my hands.

"It happens love, don't beat yourself up about it," she smiled.

"Have you thought about the tests you can have?" Steve asked.

"I don't really understand it," I blushed. "I was going to look into it online though."