50.

Finally after over an hour of waiting Charlie made an appearance, a little nervous I watched as he walked over with some notes in his hand.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, should we get going?" he nodded.

"Do you not need to wait for anything?"

"He's gave me the information here."

"Ok."

"Do you want to stop off and get something to eat? my treat," he smiled.

"I'm in my uniform."

"That doesn't matter, I just thought it's a chance to talk."

"Go on then."

"The bank house?"

"I'll meet you there."

The bank house is a firm favourite of Charlie's, I've lost count of how many times he's taken me there throughout our relationship. Picking up my bag and throwing away my paper cup in the bin by the door I made my way back to the car, following Charlie close behind in the evening traffic.

It's nearly half past seven and the restaurant is looking ridiculously busy, but insisting that we give it a try Charlie lead me to the main entrance.

"Good evening, do you have a reservation?" a dark haired waiter asked.

"No I'm sorry we haven't, it was a last-minute decision," Charlie said.

"Not a problem, I'll just see if there's a table available."

"Thank you."

"I can always cook us something at home," I offered.

"No, if these are fully booked we can find somewhere else."

"Sorry to keep you waiting Sir, if you'd both like to follow me," the same waiter smiled on return.

Leading us to the back of the room by the wall we sat down at a table for two set with two wine glasses and a simple rose in the centre.

"Thank you," I smiled.

"Would you like any wine with your meals?"

"Oh, not for me thanks. I'm driving," I said taking a menu.

"Come on, just the one won't hurt babe," Charlie pleaded.

"Mmm, maybe one small rosé then."

"And I'll have a glass of red please," he smiled.

"Coming right up."

"Are you sure you should be drinking?" I frowned.

"One won't hurt me no more than it will you."

"I meant with your medication, we have just left the hospital."

"I told you, it's fine," he sighed.

"Did he say that?"

"He didn't say otherwise."

I frowned.

Luckily for him our waiter returned to fill our glasses.

"So what did he say then?"

"He just said the possibilities, the more serious ones and how it could be absolutely nothing to worry about."

"You we're in there ages."

"Sorry, you know what doctors are like when they explain things, you always get the technical terms nobody understands."