43.

Courtney's birthday officially over with nearly every one of us either still buzzing, drained or paralytic from the amount of alcohol we've consumed, the club finally called it to and end at gone two. Bare footed I started to wonder up and down the buffet table, despite the left over crisps and sausage rolls not looking very appetising I still picked at the plates with a rumbling stomach.

"Come on, let's get going," Aston said walking over with my bag in his hand.

"Oh, do we have to?"

"The managers asking everyone to leave."

Crunching one last crisp I took my bag and followed him over to his family standing by the door. I've loved tonight and the way everyone has made me feel so welcome, I'm now wondering why I ever worried about what people would think to me being here, I should have known Aston is just like his parents and siblings. Caring, funny and kind-hearted.

"Thank you both for coming," Courtney smiled.

"No, thank you. It's been great," I said.

"It's been lovely to meet you Kayleigh, you will come and see us again soon won't you?"

"I'll try."

"Oh please do."

"Yeah, we'll both see you soon," Aston said kissing Courtney and Siobhan on the cheek after a manly hug with his Brother and Dad.

"Get home safe guys."

"Bye. Thanks again," I smiled.

The taxi already parked up outside we climbed in the back seats and set off home before anyone else could catch a ride. Facing the air again has knocked me two steps back.

"I'm hungry, I want kebab," I moaned.

"Have some cheese on toast when we get home."

"No, I want a kebab."

"You won't eat it, you never do after a night out."

"I will, I didn't eat anything at the party."

Pleading with my hands on his lap he rolled his eyes watching the street behind me.

"Mate, is there a kebab shop close by?" he asked the driver.

"There's a place around the corner that sells pizza and burgers, they might do kebabs."

"That will do."

"But.." I stuttered.

"He said they might."

Stopping along the road in a thirty minute bay Aston jumped out with a ten pound note hoping to sort my cravings. Sitting in the back seat I suddenly felt the drivers eyes looking at me through his mirror.

"Sorry," I mumbled.

"Don't worry darling, I've put up with worse than a stop for a kebab on a Saturday night."

I chuckled looking out of the window.

"Boyfriend, is he?"

"Oh no. It's complicated."

Inpatient and waiting for another ten minutes Aston finally returned with a wrapped box in his hand.

"Thanks mate," he nodded slamming the door shut.

"Is the lady happy now?" he asked.

"She better be."

"Thank you," I grinned. "I'll make it up to you."

"Too right you can, as soon as we get home."

Giggling and dodging the drivers eye once again I can only assume he's guessed what kind of relationship we have. Crunching the paper to one side I held the box in between us to share, the meat being more satisfying than the pita I picked around it just like Aston said I would, he's right in saying I usually waste it but I'm determined not to tell him that.