39.

Dinner sitting nicely in our stomachs it's another night in on the cards for us. Usually I enjoy spending time on the couch in front of the television with Aston, but with my mind in a world of its own tonight Aston's only got himself for company. I haven't stopped thinking about Charlie, and stupidly I'm having doubts.

"Do you want to watch something else?"

"I dont mind."

"I thought it would be a bit more entertaining than that picture you're staring at."

"Sorry," I mumbled.

"Don't apologise."

"No, it's Friday night. I'm not being much fun am I?"

"Well we do usually have sex tonight before Alan Carr, Chatty man. It's on in fifteen minutes so we'd have to be quick if we're going to, Alesha Dixon is on tonight."

Chuckling together his arm fell to the back of the couch as he turned in his seat to look at me, his eyes suddenly filled with genuine concern eager for me to talk.

"Come on, what's wrong? and don't say nothing because I know that's a lie," he asked.

"I'm fine, honestly. It's just silly thoughts."

"Tell me what you're thinking about then."

His eyes stayed stern, I somehow don't think I'm getting out of this.

"Charlie."

"I suppose I knew that."

"But what if he isn't sorting things? I mean, am I just supposed to take his word for it?"

"Give him some time, you never know. I know he's not the most reliable of people but waiting a few days won't do any harm."

"Everything is such a mess. I don't even know what my relationship status is never mind the status of the house," I moaned.

"I thought you said you were single?"

"As far as I'm concerned I am."

"So where's the confusion?'

"With Charlie, he's acting as if I'm going to be here waiting for him when the jobs done."

"If nothing changes then you will be."

"I'm not waiting for him," I frowned.

"Come on, I'm on your side," he said resting his hand on my shoulder as I turned away. "But there is questions about why you're still here."

"I just thought, I don't know what I thought."

"I thought that ultimatum meant something.." he said with one arched eyebrow.

"It did to me. God, I'm such a hypocrite. I'm regretting ringing him even more now."

'There was no harm in asking a few questions."

"Questions that I have no business in asking."

"He didn't think of it like that."

"He could have, and could have quite easily told me to bugger off."

"Look, whats done is done. Don't beat yourself up about it. Maybe its time to move on," he smiled.

"Maybe," I murmured.

"Let me get you a glass of wine."

"That seems to be my answer to everything these days."

"Red is supposed to have its benefits, apparently."

Chuckling I picked up the remote as he wandered through to the kitchen. Alan Carr's humour and jokes full steam ahead as I altered the sound.

"There's always renting instead of trying to get a mortgage," he said passing me a glass full to the brim.

"Oo.." I squealed trying not to spill any as I balanced it in my hands.

"Sorry, I finished the bottle."

"What we're you saying?"

"About looking for a house."

"I haven't even thought out of the box yet Aston, I don't want to dive into this straight away."

"Course not. I was just saying renting is probably best for us, most housing estates want an arm and a leg these days."

"Are you not staying here?" I asked.

"What, without you?"

"I think this place will make a good bachelor pad without my pink accessories," I nodded with a grin.

"No babe, I doubt I'll be staying here," he giggled.

"Oh."

"No, I thought you might want a lodger."

"Oh. Oh.." I stuttered for the third time.

"Don't worry, I was just trying to be funny," he said wafting his hand in embarrassment.

Gulping down a mouthful of wine I reached for his arm. "I didn't mean to sound like that."

"Babe it's fine."

"No, Aston I'm sorry. I didn't think you would want to carry on living with me that's all."

"Are you kidding me? I've loved living with you for the past few weeks."

"What?" I smiled feeling my cheeks blush.

"Well you know what I mean."

"Oh, yeah," I mumbled.

"But like I said, I was joking. It's a silly idea."

"I don't know, It doesn't sound that silly to me."

Turning his head a smile creeped across his face as if to say, really?

"Well we live together now don't we?"

"I suppose."

"I'm sure we could find a two bedroom flat suitable for us both, six month contract. Nothing long-term obviously."

He nodded agreeing with my every word, somehow I think he's trying too hard to keep his act up and his true emotions are getting the better of him.

"One condition though," I frowned.

"Yeah, yeah go on?"

"I decide on the interior, and my pink accessories come with me."

Laughing he shrugged knowing it's best to simply agree.

I should have had this conversation with Aston ages ago. I never thought of things from this perspective, I practically ended things with Charlie yet continued to live in his house without a care in the world. I feel like a hypocrite, no doubt that ultimatum went over his head. But let's see what happens when he comes home to an empty house in a couple of months.

~♥️~

I know, you've waiting so long for such a short part. I had trouble writing this amount, sorry. Thank you to Chloe for helping me with ideas.

Vote for more :)