7.

The morning after is exactly how I expected.

Gone noon, hungover, and very groggy, both myself and Aston are feeling every ache and pain from the hours sleep we've lost and glasses of wine we drunk last night. I'm exhausted and no doubt looking as rough as I feel, but right now that's the least of my worries as I hold my banging head in my hands.

"I feel like crap, Aston what have you done to me? I only got up for a hot chocolate."

Laughing he passed me a strong coffee.

"I dread to think what you will be like after a night on the town with me."

"I might have had a few but I know for a fact I did not agree to that," I giggled taking a couple of paracetamol.

"Bit of a lightweight aren't you?"

"I prefer to say cheap night out."

"That is one way of putting it," he laughed. "Let's go out tonight."

"No, no way."

"Come on.."

"No," I insisted just as my phone rang. "Oh, it's Charlie."

"Reject him."

"No, we never finished the conversation yesterday."

Sighing he watched me disappear into the bedroom.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey babe. Alright?" he asked.

"Is that even a genuine question?"

"No, you know what I mean."

"Well I don't know what you want me to say."

"I just want us to talk about this."

Sighing I picked up the photo of us both from the bedside table.

"I mean't what I said Charlie. I can't do this."

"Come on babe.."

"No, you don't understand."

"I do, I know it's hard for you and I'm trying to make things better but it's difficult. I've been speaking to Dean all day and we're trying to find you some work out here too."

"What, you're what?"

"I can rent a place out here for the summer, it's no problem."

"I have a problem. Did you not think to ask me about this?"

"I'm asking you now."

"No you're not, you're telling me. I have a job and a life here."

"I'm sure your boss can find someone to sit behind a desk answering a phone."

"Excuse me?"

"It's just a nine till five job."

"I like my nine till five job and I'm not going anywhere," I frowned.

"Don't be so stubborn! I thought you wanted us together?"

"If you would listen to me for five minutes you would actually understand what I want. It's always me who has to make and accept changes, I'm not just some rag doll who will be waiting in bed for you when you get back."

"But this job is building our future," he pleaded.

"This job of yours is ruining our future."

"Don't be stupid."

"It's trip after trip and they're getting longer."

"I'll be home in September."

"It won't end at Dubai, you know it won't. Where's next? Australia for a year."

"It's the money babe, that's the only reason. I don't like being away from you."

"Money doesn't buy love Charlie."

"You know I love you."

"Do I? If you loved me you'd be here with me."

"What's this, some sort of ultimatum?"

"I can't do this any more, there's only so much I can take and I've had more than my fair share. Just do what you want, and that will prove how much you really love me."

"Babe.."

"No Charlie."

Practically hanging up on him and throwing my phone on the bed I stormed into the kitchen only remembering Aston's in the house when he jumped up.

"Hey, what's up?" he asked.

"Nothing, I'm fine," I lied holding back yet more tears. "I'm fine."

"He's obviously upset you, what's he done now?"

"He wants me to move out there for the summer."

"What, well are you going to?" he stuttered.

"No," shaking my head he seems relieved.

"How could he even consider getting me a job out there without consulting me first?" I growled.

"He didn't ask?"

"Of course he didn't. This is just his big idea of sorting everything out."

"So he keeps his job or so he can see you?"

"Exactly."

"He's not coming home then?"

"If he loves me he'll be home."

Frowning he seems as hopeful as me.

"Why is he doing this to me? I've made so many changes for him with no credit whatsoever, so why?" I ranted.

"I don't know babe."

"He makes me so angry, every trip away.."

Looking back into his eyes I stopped.

"Sorry, I shouldn't be talking to you like this, you don't want to hear my rubbish."

"No come on, just because you're Charlie's girlfriend doesn't mean we can't be friends, right?"

Nodding I smiled, but slightly unsure as to what his term 'friend' actually means.

"Now are you going to come out with me tonight or what?" he asked.

"No, I don't know," but his face is very convincing, especially after the phone call I've just had.

Maybe it's time to do what I want for a change and stop living by his rules and his choices. I was probably wrong to give him an ultimatum but that's what he needs, he needs to remember I'm his girlfriend he's leaving behind.

Like I said, if he loves me he'll be home.

~♥~

Vote for the next part :-)

Sorry I'm slow at posting, please be patient! I have work and a holiday coming up but will try update as soon as possible!! Thank you for reading! Xx