71.

I expected a little more as we walked into house number two considering the large brick weave entrance and sparkling white garage door, but obviously the previous owners knew more about exterior design than they did the interior. Dull off-white walls in every room didn't brighten up the place as you'd expect, instead it showed off the terrible plastering and the worn wooden floor longed for a fresh thick piled carpet.

After a quick tour we we're once again left to explore for ourselves.

"So, what are your first impressions?" Aston asked standing with his hands in his pockets centre of the living room.

"I don't know, it's a great size," I shrugged.

"I can sense a but coming."

"I'm just worried about the cost."

"The price is negotiable, the estate agent said that."

"Even so, with all the work that will need doing we're going to be over our limit."

"Hmm, I suppose," he said running his hand over one of the bumpy walls.

"It's a shame because I do like it," I sighed.

"Let's wait and think about this one."

"Yeah, I just want to look outside again."

Opening the patio door from the living room I lead him outside onto the decking, looking out onto the lawn in need of a good cut.

"What are you thinking? Aston asked.

"I'm trying to imagine it in the summertime, sausages on the barbecue, beverages on ice."

"It would be nice wouldn't it?"

"Yeah, a chance for your family to spend time with mine."

He smiled. "I know it seems like we need a miracle right now but we'll be settled soon, everything will slot into place."

"I hope so," I replied.

"Sorry to disturb you but I'm afraid I have another meeting in half an hour," the estate again spoke from the patio door.

"Sorry, we're done now," Aston said.

"Do you have any interest?"

"There's some interest yeah, but can we think about it for a little longer?"

"Of course, that's not a problem."

"Theres just a few more places we want to look at first," Aston explained following him back inside.

"Okay, well you have my number."

"Yeah we'll be in contact."

"Thank you for your time," I smiled stepping out of the front door.

"Thank you. See you both soon," he replied with a shake of the hand.

I jumped back in the car with Aston and buckled up my seatbelt as he started the engine. Adjusting the radio I sat back looking out of the window at all the houses, this moving in together business isn't as easy as I thought it would be. I haven't had to worry before now, I moved out of my parents house and straight in with Charlie after everything was sorted, so I skipped the house search until now.

"Do you think we should look further afield?" Aston asked.

"How far do you mean?"

"Essex?"

"Essex?" I repeated widening my eyes.

"I thought you would like to be closer to your parents."