24.

Despite looking forward to this evening all day, and enjoying our moment under the sheets just as much as any other time, my mood has been dampened. I feel so stupid, embarrassed and in the wrong for thinking and even caring, but yet I'm still waiting for Aston to assure me that he'd never do that, laying beside me with his usual smile spread across his face.

"Do you want to go out? Take your mind off of things," he asked.

"What?"

"You said you're having a hard time at work."

"I'm not, there's just a lot to do."

"Still.."

"No, not tonight," I shrugged.

"Tomorrow then, if you don't do something with your evenings you're going to be back to work the following morning before you know it."

"I don't know."

"I thought you enjoyed it last time we went out?"

"Fine!" I snapped sighing.

"Alright, jheeze."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to snap."

"It was only a thought."

"I'm just tired Aston."

"It's alright, I know," he said moving the piece of hair that's fallen across my face.

"We're going out Friday night anyway, you should spend time with the lads."

"I meant just me and you."

"Really?"

"Don't act so surprised," he giggled.

"Sorry," I mumbled again.

Climbing out of bed he slipped on his boxers and track suit bottoms before heading back into the kitchen, it's seven o'clock, no doubt he's hungry. Sitting up I pushed my hair back, my tired eyes now looking puffier than ever, I need a nice, long, hot shower. Picking up the first thing available on the floor that will cover up my naked body I locked myself in the bathroom turning on the shower, grabbing my wash bag from the cupboard deciding on a lavender shower gel. The cubicle now steamed up I climbed inside and let the hot water pour down on my face, it's exactly what I need.

"There's a pizza in the oven, thought we could share?" Aston smiled as I returned from the bathroom fresh-faced in my pyjamas.

"Okay."

"Tea?" he asked.

"Please."

Sitting on the couch I picked up the remote from the arm and flicked through the guide, there's so many channels yet so little worth watching. Taking the mug from his hands I made space for Aston beside me, my legs being lifted over his gently.

"I erm, I got called into the office today," he moaned.

"Oh, you've been to work?"

"Yeah, what made you think I haven't?'

"Because you're never there."

"Ok, silly question," he giggled.

"Go on.."

"I've got a week..actually I might as well just say I've got the sack."

I sighed.

"Say it, I told you so."

"Not being funny, what kind of boss is he to put up with you for so long?"

"He needs me. It's a bit of a shit hole really, loads of untrained staff with little who can actually do what they want."