69.

I returned from the bathroom to find Aston back home talking to Siobhan in the lounge, Steve and Conor also in on the conversation I startled them both walking down the stairs.

"Hi Kayleigh," Conor smiled, possibly notifying Aston of my presence.

"Hey."

"Are you alright?" Aston asked stepping towards me at the bottom step.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I nodded.

"Mum said you rushed off upstairs, is something wrong?"

"I'm just bleeding a little."

"Is that supposed to happen?" he frowned.

"Yeah, everything's fine Aston," I reassured.

I followed Siobhan back through to the kitchen passing the front window in the living room, a couple of cars parked outside then catching my eye. The last time I checked there was just two.

"Is that my car?" I asked peeking through the blind.

"What?" Aston mumbled.

"Yours is out there too, how did they get there?"

"I erm..," he stuttered.

"What's happened Aston?"

"I've been back to the house."

"You've done what?" I gasped.

"I didn't go on my own, Conor and Dad came."

"Is that supposed to make things better?"

"Do you want a hand with Dinner Siobhan? Come on Conor," Steve said leaving us alone in the living room.

"I asked you to stay away from Charlie," I said.

"Charlie wasn't there, but I was in and out within ten minutes anyway."

"You didn't know that until you got there though."

"No, but.."

"But what was you going to do if he was Aston?"

"I don't know, I didn't think about that," he shrugged.

"Anything could have happened, you've still got the bruises from the first time. Do you know what he said to me?"

"What?"

"That I won't get away with it."

"Babes, don't be like this," he said trying to pull me into his arms.

"No..I know he meant it."

"Hey, come on. I understand how worried you and I'm sorry for going behind your back but I thought it was for the best, and looking at you now it was the right decision."

I sighed caving into his arms, "I'm sorry."

"Everything's going to be okay."

Despite being asleep the last couple of hours I'm still exhausted, my whole body is drained. I've been worried sick about going back to the house and to find out Aston's already been and collected our things has shaken me up, if it was down to me that wouldn't have happened for another week. But I suppose he's saved me having to face it now.

Siobhan spent the majority of her afternoon in the kitchen making sure she has more than enough dinner for every one, we gathered at six and was presented with a traditional chicken roast with all the trimmings. Aston's definitely missed his Mum's roasts. I tried my best to eat everything on the plate but as the same nausea feeling returned I had to leave a couple of potatoes and some yorkshire pudding.