No Regrets⇔Archie

5k? Woah!! Thanks, everyone! My next chapter will be my first requested one!! Also, shameless self-promo to check out my PLL Imagines and my other in progress books: Senior Surprises, Poetry and Summer Camp!!

The end-of-summer party had been Veronica's idea, and since your house had a relatively large pool, it had been placed there. Betty, of course, had offered to have it somewhere else if you didn't want to, but since your parents were going away for the weekend, you figured it couldn't hurt. Besides, you'd barely seen your boyfriend, Archie, all summer, so a party might be a nice chance to catch up – although a lot of people might make it hard to have alone time.
"Glad to see this didn't turn out as a total disaster." Veronica laughs, glancing around, and you playfully nudge her shoulder, picking up a small tray of food and taking it out back. "I didn't bring a swimsuit." Jughead announces, strolling onto the patio, and you roll your eyes. "Neither did I, actually." You add, and Betty nods, causing Veronica to roll her eyes. "Archiekins? Kev?" She turns to them for support, and Kevin shakes his head, but Archie gestures to his backpack.
It turns out, you didn't have to work very hard to get some alone time with Archibald – with Kevin sneaking off with a boy in the first hour of the party, Betty getting dragged off by her mother because of your family, and Jughead literally hiding out in your kitchen, Archie, Veronica, and you are the only ones left – and the two of them have been in the pool for the past twenty minutes.
"C'mon, V. Everyone's gone home." You laugh as they stop splashing each other, and Archie pulls himself out of the water and sits on the side of the pool. "What, already?" He asks, looking around, and you nod as you sit next to him, only submerging your legs. "Yes. Well, Jug's probably still foraging for stuff in the kitchen, and Ronnie's here, but it's late." You explain, looking up at the stars in the sky, then back at the two. Veronica sighs, pulling herself out of the water and grabbing her towel. "I'm headed home. This party is dead, and I can tell you two need some alone time." She sighs, drying herself off and slipping her dress on over her swimsuit.
She gives you a brief hug, whispering, "Wrap it before you two tap it." into your ear, and you shove her away, causing her to laugh and turn to leave. You and Archie wave her off, and she winks at you as she heads out of the house, causing you to giggle and shake your head. "Well... We're still here, Y/N. You should get in, swim with me. It's nice." He gestures to the water and you shake your head. "I don't have a swimsuit on, and I'm NOT skinny-dipping." When you look back at him, he has his eyebrow raised, as if he has had an idea – always a bad sign.
"Archie..." You warn, watching his eyes start to twinkle mischievously. "No." You giggle, shuffling backwards, your eyes widening as he leans forwards. "ARCHIE NO!" You scream as he lurches forwards, reaching around you and pushing you into the pool. When you resurface, you gasp, punching him in the leg as you paddle to stay above water. "Archibald!" You scold him, taking in your soaked clothing and probably runny eye makeup. You glare, reaching forwards and pulling him in as well, laughing as the water splashes out and soaks you through again.
He laughs as he comes up, wiping the water from his eyes and mouth. "No. Regrets." He laughs again, taking in your appearance and (mock) angry face. "It's nice though, isn't it?" He jokes, and you splash him again. "This is a NICE dress, Andrews!" You laugh, and he rolls his eyes. "There's this really cool thing they've invented, it's called a dryer?" It's your turn to roll your eyes, watching the turquoise patterns reflect on Archie's face. His expression softens, and he leans in, wrapping his arms around you and pressing his lips to your forehead.
"We should get out." You comment, and he nods, his eyes dropping down to your lips. "I'm serious." You say, and he shrugs, still focused on the lower half of your face as he leans in. Just as he's about to seal your lips together, you drop down, into the water, and swim around him, pulling yourself out of the pool. "I meant it!" You laugh as he turns around, a pout on his face. "Don't pull the puppy-dog eyes, Archie. They don't work on me." You tease, turning away to head inside and get changed. You can hear him groan as you enter the house, and you giggle slightly.
Once you've put on your pajamas and wiped off your makeup, you head down to find Archie – still in his swimming trunks – sitting on a towel by the fire, wrapped in his large hoodie. "You're gonna catch a cold dressed like that." You scold, and he rolls his eyes. "Yes, Mother." He teases, reaching a hand out and pulling you to sit next to him. After a moment, you lean your head on his shoulder, only to pull back and wrinkle your nose. "You smell like wet dog."
He responds by shoving you with his shoulder, and you smile and lean your head on him again. "We should do this again." You comment, and he nods, humming in agreement. "Maybe next time, it's just us from the start?" He ads, and you nod. "Sounds good to me." You murmur, turning to kiss him on the cheek. He leans into you, pulling you closer, and the two of you just sit, enjoying each other's company and the warmth of the fire. Archie watches you fondly, as the two of slowly fall asleep together, completely entangled in each other, the cool end-of-summer air breezing over you from the patio.
---
credit to imaginingthefandoms on Tumblr