Playground Buddies⇔Jughead (request)

This is a request for @TheMrsShawnMendes hope you enjoy! (A/N: what do you think about me changing the requested imagines' names to y/n? Just so everyone can imagine themselves in them. Please comment!)
-
8 years ago
"Jug? Betty? Archie? Do you guys want to play hide and seek?" I yelled across the playground, waving my hands.

All three came running up to me, out of breath.

"I don't know, Ishita. Isn't tag for babies?" Archie shrugged.

"No, Archie it's not! You should play with us!" Betty exclaimed, folding her arms across her chest.

"Fine, fine. I'll be it first round," Archie volunteered, and we all headed to different spots across the playground.

I finally wedged myself into a large, hollow tube behind the swing set, hoping Archie wouldn't think to look there.

"I'm already in here, Ishita," I heard a voice from the other side of the tube.

"If I leave now, Archie will find me," I stated.

"You don't have to leave now. It's okay," He said, then we scooted closer together. I could feel my cheeks heating up.

"I have bad news. I don't really want to ruin a perfect moment but I have to say it," I began.

"Wha-"

"I'm moving away. Far, to Toledo, Ohio, where my dad's job transferred him. And I just wanted to say that I really, really like-"

"Found ya!" Archie yelled, pounding on the top of the tube. So much for telling Jughead my true feelings.
-
now, 8 years later
It was my second day in Riverdale, and my first day at Riverdale High. My parents had divorced and as a result, my mom left as soon as she could to go back to Riverdale, taking me with her.

I hadn't contacted anyone to tell them, mostly because all of my belongings are scattered on the floor of my old (now new) house, ready to be unpacked.

I stared down at my map and let it guide me to the student lounge. My first period of the day was free, so I thought it would be a new start.

I sat down on the comfy looking couch and pulled out a book, but before long, I heard a familiar squeal.

"Ishita! You're back!" Betty screamed, pulling me up from the couch and jumping around.

"I would recognize that hair anywhere! How was Toledo?" I heard Archie ask, and I ran up to hug him, too.

"It wasn't bad, just kind of, run-down. And I missed the rivers, too," I grinned.

"Are you here for good?" I heard Jughead ask, so I turned around to face him.

"Yep. Hopefully. My mom moved back here after the divorce and took me along," I said.

"Sorry about your parents," Betty said, then Jughead and Archie nodded.

"It's ok, but thanks. Hey, do any of you have Mrs. Byers for English second period?" I asked, hoping one of them would. I did not want to walk alone to my first class.

"I do!" Betty said, while Jughead half-raised his hand.

"I'm going to go early to talk to the teacher, but if you guys want, you can come too," I shrugged.

"We would love to!" Betty exclaimed, and I followed her to the classroom, with Jughead close behind.

There was nobody there, and we were all alone.

"Hey, Ishita? I need to tell you something. I-I like you. I have since fifth grade, and I was so sad when you left. I don't want that to happen again," he confessed.

"I knew it, I knew it! Finally! Do you know how long I've known and had to keep it in? Eight years. Finally!" Betty shouted, clapping her hands excitedly.

"Wow, I feel the same way, Jughead. I had no idea you did, too!" I exclaimed, and Jughead and I stood there, grinning at each other until the bell rang.
---
credit to ellasfood on Wattpad