Secrets⇔Jughead

The school bell rung at the end of the lesson signalling the long awaited home-time for the students of Riverdale High. Your best friend - and partner in crime, Jughead Jones, was particularly eager to get out of school today so he could work on his novel, which by the way, was highly classified. Nobody, not even you were allowed to peak.
The two of you walked out of class together as always to head over to Pop's Diner where he would type away endlessly and you'd occupy yourself with Homework or reading a book - secretly admiring the way Jughead's concentrating face looked when every so often his brows would furrow in the cutest way when he got stuck. Yes, you were crushing on your best friend. You have been for a while, but you try to ignore it since you know Jughead wouldn't feel the same.

"(Y/N)!" You were pulled from thought as you walked along side Jughead down the school hallway. "Hmm?" you turned to face your friend as he stopped dead in his tracks, searching through his backpack frantically. "My laptop! It's gone!" he panicked. "What? Where did you last leave it?" you ask concerned. He looked at you as if he were about to say something snarky but decided against it. "It should be in here! I never leave it anywhere, it's with me at all times." Jughead was looking extremely worried now. "What if it's been stolen? All my work is gone! wha-" You cut him off; "JUG! We'll find it, okay? I'm sure you just left it lying around somewhere. We'll split up and look for it. You check your place and Pop's, and I'll search the school." Jughead glanced at me and paused for a second, worry etched on his face. "uhh.. Okay. Yeah, just.. Call me right away if you find it, yeah?" You simply nodded. "Thanks." He said, and with that the two of you parted.

The first place you thought to check was the school paper room, where you know Jughead has been helping Betty out lately, and not to your surprise, Jughead's laptop was safely sitting on the desk he's been working on. You got out your phone to call Jughead but halted when you saw a familiar picture peeking from the half-open screen. It was a picture of you and Jughead when you were little, You both sat hugging each other and grinning widely in Jughead's tree house. A small smile crept to your lips at the memory, curiosity got the better of you. Was this Jughead's murder novel? Why was this picture in it? You couldn't help but to peak. Filled with confusion and guilt, you slowly lift the screen up and scan your eyes across the page. Your heart drops and you feel a tight sensation in your stomach. This looks like some kind of love poem.
A tear escapes your eyes as you read it. Jughead has really put so much emotion into this. You had no idea your best friend felt this way. There was so much passion you didn't even know Jughead had. He describes the way that he's addicted to the way he feels when he thinks of you, The feeling of adoration every time he looks into your eyes and the world just stops. "(Y/N!?)" You jump back so fast that you almost fall over. Jughead had remembered where he left the laptop and came as quickly as he could. He stood at the door frame watching you. "What did I ask you about not reading what was on there!?" He snapped. "I'm so sorry Jug, I really am. I just saw that picture and I couldn't help it. I shouldn't have. I'm such a terrible human being!" You rushed your words out, distraught. You felt utterly terrible.

You didn't realise until Jughead ran over and engulfed you in a tight hug that you were crying. Tears streamed down your face, whether it was from the poem or your guilt you couldn't tell. "Hey, it's ok." Jughead shushed you. "It was a stupid mistake. I don't know how I managed to leave that page open for you to see." You both pulled back and Jughead went bright red, the realisation that he's been busted finally hitting him. "uhh.. About that.." He trailed off, rubbing his hand behind his neck awkwardly. You reached up and crashed your lips onto his. He kissed back with almost desperation, a fire in the pit of your stomachs. The kiss died down into a more slow and passionate one until you pulled apart and stared into each others eyes. Jughead's smile reached his ears. "The poem was beautiful, Jug." You simply stated and he replied sarcastically of course; "Oh that thing? that was just about Pop's." You let out a laugh and lightly smacked his arm. "speaking of Pop's.." He started, "I'm hungry." He said "Let's go eat then, Pendleton" You teased.
---
credit to riverdale-imagines-asf on Tumblr