Puppy Love⇔Fred Andrews

This wasn't requested, but I thought it would be an interesting imagine to write, because personally, I find Fred attractive. Reader is a senior in high school, and of legal age. Let me know what you think & comment if you want a part two, maybe?

-

"I don't want anything big, like I said. I want you four over for dinner and a movie, and that's it. So, Betty, if you even think about throwing me a surprise party-" Archie began. His birthday was tomorrow night, and he had invited you, Jug, Ronnie, and Betty over for a small party to celebrate the big Eighteen.

"I won't, I swear!" She laughed, remembering the one she threw for Jughead a few years ago.

"I'll be over at five, Arch. And I promise that I won't get you socks this year," you laughed. You loved your best friends, three of whom you'd known since second grade, and Ronnie since sophomore year. But she blended with the four of you seamlessly, and you were a happy fivesome.

The only thing you disliked was how you'd always been the 'single' one. You were a good friend, and only intruded on their double dates when invited.

It didn't mean that you'd never dated; you went out with Moose Mason for two months during freshman year, and had even gone on a few dates with Sweet Pea the Serpent last year, but you had mutually decided to stay friends.

It didn't entirely mean that you didn't have your eye on anyone. You did, but the one guy you had a crush on was the one you could never, ever date. Since eighth grade, when you'd first formally talked to him after the Riverdale Junior High Talent Show (you sang and Archie played the guitar), you'd only had eyes for Fred Andrews.

You had listened to a lot of Lana Del Rey that year, but your crush was more than that. Way back at the talent show, where it started, Fred had leaned down to give you a hug, then said you had a beautiful voice, and that you should never stop singing. And you hadn't.

You were surprised that still, years later, no one had figured you out. It was better that way; if anyone did find out, you'd be just as friendless as you were before you'd met Arch, Jug, and Betty. You would be the town disgrace.

-

"Hey, Betty and Jug! Ready to put up the decorations?" You asked, as you hopped out of your car, noticing two of your friends standing on Archie's porch. Veronica was out distracting Archie while the three of you decorated Archie's living room with balloons and streamers.

"Hey, kids. Just remember that I'm going to have to clean this mess up tomorrow, okay?" Mr. Andrews laughed, eyeing the decorations in your hands as he let you in.

"Nonsense, Mr. Andrews. I'll help clean," you assured, and Betty nodded in unison.

"Well thank you, kids. For dinner, we're having macaroni and cheese with mashed potatoes, Archie's favorite."

"Mmm, you know I love your homemade mashed potatoes, Mr. Andrews," Jughead laughed, rubbing his stomach in hunger.

-

After dinner, cake, and gift unwrapping, you all sat down in the living room to watch IT, one of Archie's favorite movies. You could tell that everyone was getting tired already, but for some reason, you were still wide awake.