A Date With The Wrong Person⇔Archie (request)

Pretty Little Liars ended yesterday and it feels like my life just ended because I've been watching that show with my sister since I was seven... and I'm fourteen now, haha.
-
This is a request for @32LONDON23 sorry it's so late, hope you enjoy!
-
I stared down at my bowl of soggy fruit loops, still half-asleep. I was thinking about my date tonight with my best friend Jughead. We've been in the same classes since first grade, and since we were so alike, we had become fast friends.

It felt odd to be finally going on a date with someone I've known so long. Someone whom I knew intimate details about, like how he only liked burgers if they had pickles on them, and how, in fifth grade, he had an obsession with learning how to skateboard. He knew things about me, too, like how I secretly loved to read, and how I still sleep with my baby blanket.

I walked back to my room to select an outfit for the date tonight. Even if I wasn't exactly ecstatic to be moving out of the friend-zone with my best friend, the least I could do was dress nice.

I chose a white v-neck t-shirt and black jeans, with a black motorcycle jacket that had the words 'girl gang' embroidered on the back. For the shoes, I picked out a pair of black combat boots.

"There," I thought, satisfied with my date night outfit. I didn't chose dressy because I knew Jughead wouldn't, either. In many ways, this was no different than our regular study sessions that we had every week.

It was just called something more, 'official' this time.

That Night
"Hey, Olivia!" I heard Jughead say. He was waving from our regular booth at Pop's, a chocolate milkshake already sitting in front of him.

"I got your favorite. Vanilla," he grinned as I took a seat. The lights were dim, except for one candle between us.

"Why is no one else here?" I asked, looking around the restaurant. It was only eight o'clock, but Pop's was completely empty.

"I told Pop about tonight, and he closed up shop for us. It's only for an hour, because a guy's gotta make ends meet, but still..."

"No, it's nice, Jug. Thank you." I smiled.

We talked for a little while longer, mostly awkward small talk. Until, that is, Archie and Betty pulled up in Archie's car. They both climbed out, and Betty pulled a large roll of something out of the trunk, while Archie stood directly in front of the windows, holding a bouquet of roses and wearing a tuxedo.

Archie then took the other end of the rolled-up poster and together, Betty and Archie unrolled it.

"Be mine, Olivia," it read, in light-up letters.

I sat, wide-eyed, and looked at Jughead. "Go ahead, Olivia," he smiled, halfheartedly.

"W-what?" I sputtered, confused.

"C'mon, Liv. You can't say that you haven't seen how Archie looks at you in the hallways," Jughead shrugged, sadly.

"I barely know him! Plus, I'm on a date with you."

"Our date has been a disaster and we both know it. This just isn't the same, being together in a fancy environment. I miss hanging out with you as friends." Jughead replied.

"Friends?" I asked, extending my pinkie.

"Friends," Jughead said, interlocking his pinkie with mine and shaking them.

I ran to Archie outside, causing him to drop the poster in shock.

Did he think I was just going to ignore him?

"I can't believe you roped me into this, Archie," Betty sighed, rolling her eyes.

"Thanks for being a good friend Betty!" Archie called to her, as she walked into Pop's and sat across from Jughead. Now that's a pair.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked Archie.

"I've been admiring you from afar for some time, and I'd like it if you just gave me a chance," He responded, blushing.

"Sure, Archie. But let's move slow, okay?"

"Of course, Olivia," he grinned, planting a kiss on my cheek.
---
credit to ellasfood on Wattpad