Runaway⇔Jason

Check out my other book, Senior Surprises, I'd love some feedback!!💞

"Hey, J?" Y/N called her best friend who was currently raiding her fridge, looking for 'normal people' food. He was sick of the fancy dinners and food at his house.
They had both just gotten home from their summer practices. Jason for football, and Y/N for track.
"Yeah." His voice was muffled by the cake that was currently being shoveled into his mouth.
"Geez. Slow down before you choke." Y/N laughed.
"Okay Mom." He teased.
"Sorry to be the one to tell you, but I really don't think your mother would care enough to tell you to slow down." Y/N dipped her finger into the frosting and licking it off.
"You're probably right." His eyes lowered as he let out a sigh.
"Jason, I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything by it."
He smiled at her, "I know you didn't." Jason was head over heels in love with his best friend of four years. He had realized that he felt this way about two months ago during the end of their junior year of high school.
"Do you know today's date by chance?" Y/N asked.
"June 25th."
"Shit. It's my dad's birthday tomorrow. What should I get him? Should I bake him something? Or should I make a hand made gift? Those are always heartfelt, right?"
"Y/N. Breathe. I'll help you make something for your dad." Jason put his hands on her shoulders, "Breathe, Speedy."
Y/N smiled at his nickname he gave her when she made the track team, "Okay, but it has to be perfect."
"Everything with you does." Jason laughed and played with Y/N's fingers, "Runaway with me."
"What?"
"Let's leave Riverdale. There is nothing here for us. We could runaway and be happy for once."
Y/N looked for any sign of humor in Jason's eyes, but he was dead serious. She took a breath, "J, we can't runaway. We still have to graduate and our families are here."
"You said it yourself, my mom, my parents couldn't care less about me." Jason pleaded.
"What about Cheryl?"
"Well, I'd tell her where we are going. She could visit us."
Y/N sighed, "I can't. I'm sorry, Jason."
Jason grabbed his coat, "I-I should go."
"Jason! Jason, don't leave." Her words didn't stop him as he left her home without so much as a goodbye.
...
That was the last time Y/N saw Jason Blossom. On July 4th, Jason and Cheryl went for a boat ride on Sweetwater River, and Jason drowned. Some people think he was murdered, because there was a gunshot that morning.
When she had gotten the news her heart was broken. She kept asking why she didn't say yes to runaway with him. If she had, he would still be alive.
The rest of the summer, she had stayed in her room and looked at all of their old photographs. She missed Jason immensely. Everything felt wrong without him; like a piece of her was gone.
...
As Y/N began to get dressed for school, her mind wandered to her first day of junior year. Jason, Cheryl and Y/N rode together in Jason's car and pulled up to Riverdale High. Jason had given Y/N a piggyback ride down the hallway. Nothing, but laughter filled the air.
Today was different.
Cheryl had Jason's car and they rode to school together, but no Jason.
"He would love it that we are still good friends." Cheryl spoke up as they pulled up to the school.
"Cheryl, we all grew up together." Y/N retorted.
"Still, he would be happy we are helping each other get through this tough time." Cheryl consoled.
As Y/N walked through the hallway, she could feel everyone's eyes on her. She stopped dead in her tracks. Cheryl put a hand on her friend's back, "Hey, Are you okay?"
"I-I can't do this. He is everywhere." Y/N began to walk away, but Cheryl grabbed her hand.
"Do it for J. He would want you here."
"Yeah, he would." Y/N held her head high and powered on through the day. Little did she know, her whole world was about to flip upside down in a matter of hours.
...
By time she began to get ready for bed, it was one in the morning. She crept into her bathroom, careful not to wake her father, to wash her face and brush her teeth. She quietly made her way back into her room.
Every light in her room had been turned off and a shadow lurked by the edge of her bed.
"Listen, in light of what happened to Jason, do you really think I wouldn't know how to protect myself?" Y/N faked her confidence.
The shadow took a step toward her, "Speedy. It's me." Y/N gasped.
Y/N flipped on her light, the man before was indeed, Jason Blossom.
"Turn off the light, no one can know I am here."
Obeying J's wishes, Y/N turned off the lights and ran into his arms.
Jason engulfed her in his arms for a hug that didn't last nearly as long as she wish it had.
"You...You're...I thought you died." A tear fell down her cheek.
Jason traced the path of the tear, "I know. I am so, so sorry that I put you through that."
Y/N just pulled him into her, just wanting to hold him, "I'm really glad you're not dead."
"Me too." Jason kissed the top of her head.
"What happened?"
Jason led Y/N to the edge of her bed to sit dow, "I needed to leave. The cons of Riverdale outweighed the pros. My parents wanted a perfect son, I wasn't. My reputation at school was horrible, and I was drowning in my grades and the expectations. I knew that leaving you and Cheryl would hurt you both, but I had to leave. I did ask you to come with me, remember?"
"I didn't think you would actually go through with it." She rested her head on his shoulder, "You aren't coming back, are you?"
"No, I'm not." His head rested on hers, "I want you to come with me."
"J, I-"
"Hear me out. You are smart enough to test out of school. You can go test out and in a week, we can meet at Sweetwater River. We can leave Riverdale for good. You and Me. Please? Being without you is killing me."
Y/N contemplated Jason's offer for quite sometime before giving him her answer, "I'll do it."
---
credit to heartlessromanticc on Tumblr

Riverdale ImaginesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara