Drunken Word, Sober Thoughts⇔Cheryl

This book is almost at 100k... YEET😂💞
-
"How aren't you ready yet," you teased as Cheryl picked through her closet. The redhead paused, turning her head dramatically to gaze at you. You couldn't help the smile that formed on your lips as she looked at you. Her brown eyes were wide with seriousness.

"This," she said, gesturing to herself, "takes time, hun." You blushed wildly at the pet name. "Besides, this is my party so it's not like it's going to start without me. The sad breakfast club and their criminal cheerleader are probably boring the guests anyway." She pulled a short dress off a hanger and started to unzip it. You rolled your eyes and
turned around while Cheryl slipped into the black party dress.

"Veronica is nice, don't be rude," you said as she changed. She let out a huff and you heard the clicking of her heels as she stepped towards you. You felt her hands smooth out the material of your shirt, her nailings tickling you slightly.

"You're right," she whispered, "why waste time on her when I threw this party for you?" You blushed as she turned you to face her. "Aw look at you," she beamed, bright white teeth showing through her ruby red lips. You let out a small giggle as she grinned.

"We should be getting down there," you said quietly. Cheryl smiled, nodded as you both made your way out of her room. As you walked down the stairs, you felt her hand brush against yours, sending shives down your spine.

"Remember Y/N," she said over the music, "have fun. But not too much fun." She winked at you as Ginger, one of her assistants, walked up to her. She fell into conversation with her as you stood idly by. You looked around the room, your eyes landing on four familiar faces. Veronica smiled at you, raising a hand to wave you over. You smiled and headed over, Cheryl watching you as you did. The rest of sleuthing crew smiled at you as you walked over.

"Hey Y/N, you look great," Veronica said, grinning at you. You blushed and thanked her as you sat down. "You wanna drink," Veronica asked, wiggling her eyebrows. You shook your head but Veronica just rolled her eyes. "C'mon with me," she reached over and grabbed your hand. You both made your way into the large kitchen in Thornhill. Chuck had set up a keg there, people swarming around it like flies to light.

"I don't need anything V, really." Veronica shook her head, grabbing two red cups off the counter. Before you could protest further, Veronica had already topped off a glass and handed it to you. You gazed down into the cup, into the amber liquid it contained.
"Are you going to drink it or will it into your body through osmosis?" You glanced up at the girl before you. A flirty grin rested on her features as she leaned towards you. She looked at you through her dark lashes and got close enough to breath in the same air. You let out a sigh before you sipped at the bitter liquid. It sent a shock through your bloodstream, it's warmth spreading to every nerve and cell in your body.

"It's....an odd flavor," you said cautiously. Veronica smiled brightly, resting a well-manicured hand on your forearm. Goosebumps rose up around her soft touch, causing you to blush when the raven haired girl met your eyes.

"It's worth another taste though," Veronica whispered lowly. You smiled as you brought the cup to your lips once more. Cheryl watched, fuming as you drank with the Lodge girl. After all she did throw this party to finally tell you.
-
"Y/N/N! Please get down," Betty pleaded as you swayed your hips to the music. One may have mistaken you for a prude or a messy drunk; and in a way they were right about being messy. After a couple of drinks, you found yourself dancing on the table of the Blossom's dining room. While people were cheering, Veronica watching you with hungry eyes, you had nothing else in mind but the beat. Not even Betty Cooper, the friendly girl next door, could get you to come down.

It took the sudden stopping of the music to get your body to still. You looked over to the stereo, eyes locking with the person that turned off the music. Cheryl gave you a serious look, doing her best not to smile at the pouty frown on your lips.

"Cher! Turn it on!" You pleaded as you jumped off of the table, landing on wobbly legs. "Please Cher," you begged, "I'll give you a kiss." Cheryl's eyes nearly popped out of her head at your words. You reached to cup her face, but she grabbed your wrist before you could.

"Y/N, please-" You let out a giggle at your closeness. Cheryl blushed a deep red as you interrupted her speech.

"You get so cute when you're mad, even cuter when you're jealous," you drawled. "V is only showing me a good time, hun." You mimicked her pet name from before, making her smile softly. "Veronica is only my friend, Cher, you're so much more." You let out another giggle as the people around you 'oohed' and 'awed' at the scene before them.

"Y/N, shut up, please. This isn't how I wanted to tell-" You cut off Cheryl again by pressing a finger to her lips. You giggled slightly at the look on her face, not registering her embarrassment.

"You think you can hide behind your frowny face and cute cheerleading uniform," everyone laughed, "but you're too sweet. At least to me. I love you so much, you're so sweet." You looked around and saw Betty smiling while Veronica was looking anywhere but at you and Cheryl. You looked back at Cheryl, her normally dark brown eyes were bright with joy. "Why are you smiling like that?"

"No reason," Cheryl whispered, "let's just get you to bed." Cheryl wrapped an arm around your waist, leading you upstairs. You giggled as Cheryl struggled to get you to sit down on her bed, making her smile brightly.

"You're so giggly when you drink, and truthful," she teased. You rolled your eyes as she tucked you in. "I'll make sure people start to leave while you sleep this off okay? Damage control." You smiled softly before cupping her face.

"I may be drunk," you started, "but I meant what I said." Cheryl smiled softly before nodding at your words.

"I know," she whispered, "I feel the same way. I love you too." You smiled as she leaned down, pressing a soft kiss to the corner of your mouth. You smiled against her lips, wishing, despite your drunkenness, the moment would last forever. Sh slowly pulled away from your lips, smoothing out her dress.

"I'll be back up in a bit Y/N," she whispered. You nodded groggily as she walked away. Before she walked out of the bedroom you spoke up once more.
"Thanks for the party Cher," she turned back around and smiled.

"Anything for you sweets, anything."
---
credit to certifiedskywalker on Tumblr