Crash⇔Archie (request)

Requested by @ItsMirkwoodGirl hope you like it! The reader is Archie's girlfriend, and Jughead will also be hearing impaired in this one, per request!
-
It had begun as a normal summer day. I was at my boyfriend Archie's house, and our main plan for the day was to lounge around and watch The Walking Dead reruns, a show we both thoroughly enjoyed.

"I made us brownies," Archie grinned cheekily as I walked through the door.

"That's so sweet, Archie! Are you ready to tackle season three?" I asked, stepping into the kitchen and making a beeline for the brownies.

We sat down on Archie's couch, plate of brownies in between us. I grabbed the remote and switched on Netflix, clicking until I got to The Walking Dead.

"I guess you could call this... Netflix and chill, right?" Archie suggested, playfully.

"Sure, Archie. Whatever floats your boat," I laughed. We sat on the couch for almost a full episode when Archie's cell phone rang.

"Hello, is this Archie Andrews?" The voice on the other line asked.

"Yes, why?" Archie asked, confused.

"This is Dr. Marsh, down at the Riverdale Hospital. Your friend, Jughead, had been in an accident. His father is here, and told me to give you a call. Said Jughead would want to see your face when he woke up," the doctor sighed.

"Oh my god! We'll be right there!" Archie exclaimed, springing up from the couch.
-
Once Archie and I reached the hospital, Archie immediately ran to the front desk to ask for an update on Jughead, while I ran over to where Betty was seated in the waiting room.

"Oh, (y/n), I'm so glad you and Archie are here!" She exclaimed, wrapping me in a hug.

"What happened, Betty?" I asked.

"I just got here about ten minutes ago, since I was shopping nearby, but from what FP told me over the phone, Jughead was driving, and another car hit him. I don't know much else, and like I said, I-I don't e-even know if-" Betty sobbed, and I gave her another hug.
-
One hour later, I was resting my head on Archie's shoulder when a nurse approached FP, Betty, Archie, and I.

"Jughead Jones just woke up, and he insisted he see visitors. There is one thing.." She sighed.

"What?" Archie demanded.

"In the crash, Mr. Jones' hearing implant broke. We can fix it, but not right away. We need the implant to settle before we go in to remove and replace it. Which means for the next two days, the only way to contact Mr. Jones is through sign language."

"What? If he can't hear and talk properly, how did he tell you he wanted to see us?" Archie asked.

"One of our nurses knows sign language," she replied.

"Oh," Archie sighed, probably feeling a little stupid for asking.
-
Betty was decent at signing, since she had taken it for a semester during freshman year, and I was a little better since I'd taken it all of freshman and sophomore year, but Archie was utterly clueless.

Archie tried to watch FP, since he was a little slower, but the difference was that Jughead's father actually knew what he was doing. All Archie was doing was awkwardly waving his hands around.

"Here, Arch," Betty laughed, moving his fingers slowly to shape, 'hello.'

Archie repeated the motion, and Jughead laughed a bit at how unsure Archie was.

"How are you?" Jughead signed.

"He asked how you are, Archie," I whispered.

All Archie did was give a hearty thumbs up, making everyone laugh along with him.
---
credit to ellasfood on Wattpad